Amazon - Avoid PreAuth for PrePaid Card

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Several years ago I added a pre-paid Amex card to my Amazon. com account as a payment method and at the time I had followed instructions posted here or elsewhere (honestly cannot remember) to get the card added to the account without allowing it to do the $1 pre-authorization to confirm the card is valid (so that I could use all the funds immediately without waiting for the authorization to fall off).

I vaguely remember  the instructions were to enter the card information but purposely put something in wrong (cannot remember if it was the expiration date or the card number itself) and then go back and edit it after it was added.

I have Googled but am not having any luck in finding the instructions to do this again with another card that expires soon that I'd like to add and buy a gift card with.

Does anyone have the instructions on how to to do this??

Thanks in advance.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

It was the expiration date. Not sure if that still works. I last tried when you could drain rebate cards to your bank account via Amz payments.

I tried it recently, and it doesn't work with Pre Auth Cards... I now have an Amex with $1 on it because of this.

Thanks to you both.

I've used Amazon to drain numerous pre-paid cards by purchaing Amazon gift cards, and they NEVER do a pre-auth for me.
In other words, I am able to drain my cards 100%.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017