• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Here is a site to keep you all up to date on any and all recalls of products you may have in your home. I ran across this site doing research on the Michaels Rock Salt Lamp my wife purchased and had placed on our mantel before they were recalled due to fire hazards. In finding this list I found 3 other items that were in my home. You can never be too safe and if I can save someone else from harm I did my job by posting this link.  I realize some of these recalls date back to 1973 but they update as soon as a new product is added to a recall list. Hope it helps you like it did me. 

https://www.cpsc.gov/recalls/

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
atiggger said:   You can never be too safe

rated:
Thanks atigger. Wish we could set it to show more items per page. Went through the first 20, and will go back and do more when I have more time.

rated:
Crap. According to this list, I should be dead already.

rated:
Holy cow there's almost 900 pages lol.

rated:
It's funny, but it works not for all cases

rated:
You may want to remove "for January 2017" from the thread title because that external link will continue to post product recalls in the future, and of course describes recalls from prior months too.

update:   Now I see that the title has been changed to "thru January 2017", but it still is unnecessary to put in any date in the thread title, because the government website will continue to offer up-to-date information, no matter what month and year someone looks at it - March, August, December, 2018, 2020, etc.
...I suppose it doesn't matter much, it's not like there are many people out there reading old Deal Discussion threads.
...And maybe this is another good social advance that is going to be shut down soon, so perhaps the concept of consumer protection will be downgraded to a historical footnote anyway.

rated:
Another good resource -- the Food and Drug Administration website lists food recalls in the US:

http://www.fda.gov/Safety/Recalls/default.htm 

(which we've talked about before on the Fatwallet Grocery & Drugstore forum, for example: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/grocery-coupons/1523790 ).

rated:
There are same laughs in here. The TV tray that is recalled because it collapses if you sit on it. But did find a couple of items, fire extinguisher and drill that I need to follow up on.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017