• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Came across this when one of my deliveries was late, can be used up to 12 times in a one year period.  Contact customer support (I opted for by email), let them know that the delivery is late, and asked for a free month.  Thanks to Dealnews.com for the info and the wording to use in the request.  I have used this twice this month for 2 month extension to my Prime subscription.

"Hello! My order, #XXX-XXXXXXX-XXXXXXX, was scheduled for delivery on the 18th, however, it has not arrived. I saw that Amazon will extend a Prime membership by a month if a package misses its delivery date. Am I eligible for that extension for this order not arriving on time?"

Details here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=201117450  (note at bottom of page)

And here:

http://dealnews.com/features/How-to-Get-1-Month-of-Amazon-Prime-for-Free/938946.htm

Member Summary

Amazon (2.64kB)
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Thanks OP.....I have had this issue more than once and didn't know about this.

rated:
I've used this a couple of times in the past but Amazon usually does a pretty good job making deliveries on time.

rated:
Maybe because of the holiday backup, but I have had this happen more than a few times.  Nothing worse than telling my daughter to expect a package on her birthday then have it show up late.  I am sure with as much as I order from Amazon I will add a few more (maybe a full year) worth of free months to my account.

rated:
ubermoonknight said:   Maybe because of the holiday backup, but I have had this happen more than a few times.  Nothing worse than telling my daughter to expect a package on her birthday then have it show up late.  I am sure with as much as I order from Amazon I will add a few more (maybe a full year) worth of free months to my account.
  There is a lot that can cause backups.  For sure Christmas is a big one.  Weather can be a big one this time of year.  I just got a warning from Fedex last week that their might be delays due to weather.  Distance from the wharehouse.  I had one package(not through Amazon ) I was told was delayed by a Jet that broke down.  It takes a long time to repack an entire aircraft.  I would bet that some areas are more prone to package delays then others.  Most of my packages arrive on time but my father experiences a lot of delays in another more rural area.  Amazon can really only make sure it ships on time and make good estimates.  The rest of it is in the hands of the carrier.

At least for the moment.

rated:
Where do you go to email Amazon regarding this problem?

rated:
This appears to work only if you already have Amazon Prime. is that correct?

rated:
dirtrat said:   This appears to work only if you already have Amazon Prime. is that correct?
  Yes you need Prime to make it work. How else could you get an extension of your Prime membership?

rated:
claireleon said:   Where do you go to email Amazon regarding this problem?
  https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/contact-us

It is actually not email exactly, it is sent from their website and they reply by email.  After logging in, go to the link above, then select the item that was late.  At the bottom of the page is a drop down menu, select where's my stuff, then follow the prompts from there.  There will be a place for you to type your message.  Heard back from them both times by next day.

rated:
They scheduled next day delivery for me on Tivo OTA and blew it. It only had to go 40 miles from San Marcos to San Antonio.   I got a $30 credit.

rated:
USPS mail takes very long time to reach Brownsville, TX. I can see the border wall (including the gaps in the wall) , that's how far south.

In 2016 I got 9 extensions of Prime membership. Hope 2017 is a good year too!

rated:
I have been quite lucky over the years, with about 15 or so free months
A few months ago I ordered a $35 item, and it was a day late, I sent them the normal -it was late- request, and they refunded the cost of the item
That was a real nice one.
I do order on Fridays a lot, they seem to miss on the Sunday deliveries more than other days

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017