• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I am in the market for a new UHD TV and came across this deal for a 70 inch LG TV at PC Richard. 

http://www.pcrichard.com/LG/LG-70inch-Class-Slim-4K-HDR-Ultra-HD...

I am not very tech savvy, but I am looking to upgrade to the best possible TV in that price range, any tech experts or members with extensive knowledge have anything good or bad reviews / suggestions on this?  

The good, the bad and ugly on this TV? 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Seems like its got all the fix`ins at a good price.

Heres the AVSForum on it

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/166-lcd-flat-panel-displays/245042...

rated:
I highly suggest you look at an LG and compare it to other brands sitting right next to them, running the same content.
I would NOT even consider an LG, for that very reason.
If your willing to spend $1300, there are a lot of better choices, Sony and Samsung are two to consider far better, and Vizio has a non tuner Theatre Display model that also is a decent choice at a lot lower price point

rated:
singhalnj said:   I am in the market for a new UHD TV and came across this deal for a 70 inch LG TV at PC Richard. 

http://www.pcrichard.com/LG/LG-70inch-Class-Slim-4K-HDR-Ultra-HD... 

I am not very tech savvy, but I am looking to upgrade to the best possible TV in that price range, any tech experts or members with extensive knowledge have anything good or bad reviews / suggestions on this?  

The good, the bad and ugly on this TV? 

You posted a 6330 model but Costco has the 6350 for $100 less:
https://www.costco.com/LG-70%22-Class-(69.5%22-Diag.)-4K-Ultra-HD-Smart-LED-LCD-TV-70UH6350.product.100287073.html

costco extends OEM warranty by 2years and if you use their credit card, another 2 years....

rated:
1) there is very little 4K programming
2) picture of blood and guts can look so real...you children will be frightened...ie The Soparanos et al
3) requires two cables and a special Direct TV receiver.
I would wait.

rated:
belgique said:   1) there is very little 4K programming
2) picture of blood and guts can look so real...you children will be frightened...ie The Soparanos et al
3) requires two cables and a special Direct TV receiver.
I would wait.

I know this from experience. We have DirecTV and a 4k TV. I watch 4k programming on it.

1. Amazon, Vudu , Netflix and DirecTV are just a few companies that have 4K content. There are more. You can also purchase a 4k Blu-ray player now and the Xbox One s even has it built in. They play Ultra HD Blu-ray discs that are usually a couple of dollars more than regular ones.
2. I am not sure why you think blood would look much difference. It is the same stuff just at a higher resolution.
3. As I said, I have a 4k TV and I have DirecTV. It requires the same connections as any other TV. An HDMI cable from the source to the TV. The source in this case is the DirecTV Genie mini that supports 4K. This Genie Mini doesn't cost any more than a regular Genie Mini. The main Genie has to be the HR55 but again, it doesn't cost anymore than the regular Genie. Just make sure you tell DirecTV you have 4k. On some TV models you don't even need a box. Just plug the RG6 cable into the TV.

This is just for informational purposes.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017