Does Sears price match Kmart ?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I have $60+ in SYW Rewards points that will expire at the end of this month and decided to stock up on laundry detergent. Kmart's price is $7.99 (oos locally) and Sears price is $18.99 for the same exact item. My local Sears store stocks this but when I called their 800 number and inquired about the price match, I was told they are sister companies and they are not obligated to price match each other.

http://www.sears.com/en_us/customer-service/policies/price-match...

Any comments ?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You got answer from the authority then

Actually this says they should match

http://m.sears.com/en_us/customer-service/policies/price-match-policy.html

See 3rd part on Sears

invisible said:   Actually this says they should match

http://m.sears.com/en_us/customer-service/policies/price-match-p...

See 3rd part on Sears

I saw that and printed their policy out. I wonder if Sears will honor this if I go to pick-up my order in person. Kmart is out of stock locally and won't ship.

Update: I visited a local Sears store in Bensalem, PA and the store manager approved the price-match to Kmart on the spot.

YMMV

Super... Do you still have link to the product ?

Thx

I wonder if Sears.com could be pursuaded to match Kmart.com price on phone... W o going into the store that is

Ultra Plus
Disclaimer
invisible said:   Thx

I wonder if Sears. com could be pursuaded to match Kmart.com price on phone... W o going into the store that is

I tried that (read my original post). I spoke to a CS Agent and a Supervisor. Both claimed Sears would not PM Kmart since they were "sister" companies. It took a trip to a local store to get the price match. Their policy on price matching is pretty clear to me but lack of stock by one store may cause complications. Good Luck.

Don't know if Sears will price match Kmart, but if you can believe it Kmart will not even price match their OWN WEBSITE. I kid you not.

MrVietnam said:   Don't know if Sears will price match Kmart, but if you can believe it Kmart will not even price match their OWN WEBSITE. I kid you not.
  The trouble is that management doesn't even know their own policies. I had the same problem with Staple$ and it took a printed copy of their policies to convince them.

blueribb said:   
MrVietnam said:   Don't know if Sears will price match Kmart, but if you can believe it Kmart will not even price match their OWN WEBSITE. I kid you not.
  The trouble is that management doesn't even know their own policies. I had the same problem with Staple$ and it took a printed copy of their policies to convince them.

Thing is though ... Kmart is following their own policy ... they don't price match.  Sears does - Kmart does not .. not even themselves.  They stopped price matching years ago ... and then WalMart started price matching, as well as tons of other retailers ... and they never started doing it again.  Stupid.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017