• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I know this is not a deal but thought many of you would find interesting --  Got this email today:

"Helpful feedback, we're making room for a new world of rewards by Coca-Cola that will be
more exciting and convenient than ever before. To do that, we’re phasing out the
My Coke Rewards program as you know it."

EZ

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
My Coke Rewards is temporarily unavailable as we build a better experience. 
We are sorry for the inconvenience. Please c... (more)

Connman (Mar. 23, 2017 @ 8:23a) |

Should be able to redeem until Jun 30, so hopefully they'll get it up and running again.

=aw

ottawa (Mar. 23, 2017 @ 3:50p) |

AGAIN, COCA COLA, AGAIN?!? Let's just forget about our loyal customers and throw the points/code system out the window..... (more)

cyndlelynn (Mar. 23, 2017 @ 9:40p) |

6. Codes can only be used one time, unless otherwise specified. Limit: Members may accrue no more than 75 points per week for valid codes from Participating Brand Packaging (except for Bonus Points, which have a separate limit of 2,000 points per Member, per week). For purposes of this limit, a week is defined as beginning at 12:00 a.m. ET each Monday and ending at 11:59 p.m. ET the following Sunday. Bonus Points are not included in the points per week limit. If a Member were to enter 20 invalid codes on a given day, the Member would be unable to enter any more codes that day. Regardless of method of accruing points, including prizes, a Member may accrue no more than 10,000 points per week. Employees, non-employee workers and members of their families have a separate limit (see Section C above),

Monday to Sunday weeks left [updated Mar 20]:
Mar 20 - Mar 22 [3 days]

so only 1 x 75 = 75 additional points can be entered. Further, if you have only 12-pack codes, you can enter only 1 x 70 = 70 additional points. A single (e.g. 16oz from Dollar Tree  seems to be 3pt and in a tight situation one of those could be the difference between getting a Reward and not. Large cases like Costo's 32-pack reportedly earn 25pt.

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Boo! Hopefully there are some points "deals" similar to the week after turkeyday. I'm sitting on 2400 points...

rated:
Me, too, around 2000 points...

Anyone know if there are weekly redemption limits?  If it's really dying I would just spend the 275 points for a free 12-pack as many times as I could...

Looks like we have to spend our points by June 30th.

rated:
X

rated:

rated:
Any points not redeemed by June 30th will be forfeited...

rated:
So they declared the dates for entering codes and redeeming points, but are they going to transfer the unredeemed points into the new program???  Where does it say that the points will be forfeited?

rated:
fardeal said:   So they declared the dates for entering codes and redeeming points, but are they going to transfer the unredeemed points into the new program???  Where does it say that the points will be forfeited?
  From what I read on Coke's site, they will be donated too various charities.

rated:
n0cf said:   Boo! Hopefully there are some points "deals" similar to the week after turkeyday. I'm sitting on 2400 points...
  Good luck with that. I wouldn't hold my breath waiting.

rated:
[q=Atariman56;19772099 ]  From what I read on Coke's site, they will be donated to various charities.

If the points have no value to us after June 30, how will they provide a value to the various charities?

Thanks for posting OP. I had not heard about this.

rated:
The points to charities thing is you redeeming points and Coke donating money to charity.  It's an option in the rewards catalog for 2 or 3 points...

The FAQ is where I saw that points were no good after June 30th.

So far I've redeemed four free 12-pack coupons and no message about hitting a profile limit.

1,629 points to go... Guess I'll wait now with the hope that they have a flash sale near the end.  Wishful thinking I'm sure...  Miss the days of unlimited free coupons for 30 points, got literally dozens and dozens of those.

rated:
the video says points not used are forfeited

rated:
I don't see this mentioned upthread, but note that Mar 22 is the last day to _enter_ points (and there's a weekly limit, it's 75 now). I have a big stack of codes that I will have to enter. I have tended to save them for what used to be common double-points weekends, and to keep the account alive over the summer.

I have a _lot_ but if I can't enter them all in 2 months I'll just sign up a relative and give them codes to enter.

Very sad to see this go, though it was really only worth redeeming when they had a promotion. Are there any decent redemption opportunities? I guess a free 12-pack is okay (since it's no longer "$4 worth of points") but maybe there's something else? I doubt they'll offer a free pack for 30pt again before Jul 1.

Thanks!
=aw

[edited to confirm earning limit is 75pt/wk =aw]

rated:
I have a _lot_ but if I can't enter them all in 2 months I'll just sign up a relative and give them codes to enter.

I just tried to create an additional account. New accounts can't sign up for My Coke Rewards.

rated:
The points to charities thing is you redeeming points and Coke donating money to charity.
The video also says that any points remaining on Jul 1 will be donated to charity. Since the current rate seems to be 70pt=$1.05 (so 1.5c/pt) presumably they'll give that amount in cash to the charities.

I'm actually thinking the 12pack for 275pt isn't the best deal. Assuming I will actually pay 3/$10 typically at CVS or Walgreens, that's 1.21c/pt. A $10 WalMart card is 670pt (1.49c/pt), $10 Amazon card is 690pt (1.45c/pt). I'm not including restaurant.com "gift cards" because they're really coupons (often require a spend of at least twice the GC value) and I don't know what "$25 off at my favourite restaurant" costs when purchased from restaurant.com directly.

Are there any other sure values that return better than 1.49c/pt?

=aw

rated:
Oh no! Glad I convinced my relatives to sign up back in December.

MCR's submission week used to run Mon-Sun I think. Doing the math, there are 9 weeks left until Mar 22 (which is a Wednesday of all things!). I don't think I have more than 63 codes from 12-packs (limit 7/wk as it's 75pt/wk).

There's also a risk they'll "run out" of things like WalMart or Amazon GCs, that happened back in Dec I think.

I don't like to panic on things like this, but I'm also worried about going slow and getting caught with MCR points and nothing worth buying.

=aw

rated:
WTF - probably have 50-70 12 pack codes to enter. Usually wait until double points days and then redeem on the xmas catalog some. But still have over 1000 points.

This blows. Don't wait till the last minute cause I bet many of the rewards will be gone...

So the thing is, keep the codes and see what the heck they do in the new 'system'? Now it's 350 for a $5 eGift Card. It blows!

rated:
They put single redemption limits on gift cards (or 1 GC per 28 days for WalMart & 7 days for Amazon).

rated:
Yeah I just saw that on the WalMart card. Hopefully it's 1 per type (i.e. if I get a WM card today I don't have to wait 28 days to get an Amazon card). Though if I can only post 70pt/wk it will take me 6 weeks to get back to another $10 WM GC level.

When I got the email from them (before posting to this thread) I noticed the Movie-for-2 was sold out. Now I see the Movie-for-1 is also sold out. By the time my relatives have enough points to redeem for something worthwhile, they'll probably be sold out.

Now that I think of it, at 70pt/wk in 9 weeks (630pt), my relative with only a few points will not have enough points on Mar 22 for either $10 GC, and no way to enter more! This is starting to look like the Air Miles (Canada) fiasco last year. It may not matter that they're giving 3 months after that (Jun 30) to redeem.

=aw

rated:
Hey all,

My wife has over 11,000 points in her account now so i would say she's SOL. I only have 1400.

EZ

rated:
I cashed in most of mine when they had points sale on Amazon (30.00) and Nike
(45.00) spent 25 at Nike
outlet and got a pair of kicks for 78 cents....

rated:
ottawa said:   
The points to charities thing is you redeeming points and Coke donating money to charity.
The video also says that any points remaining on Jul 1 will be donated to charity. Since the current rate seems to be 70pt=$1.05 (so 1.5c/pt) presumably they'll give that amount in cash to the charities.

I'm actually thinking the 12pack for 275pt isn't the best deal. Assuming I will actually pay 3/$10 typically at CVS or Walgreens, that's 1.21c/pt. A $10 WalMart card is 670pt (1.49c/pt), $10 Amazon card is 690pt (1.45c/pt). I'm not including restaurant.com "gift cards" because they're really coupons (often require a spend of at least twice the GC value) and I don't know what "$25 off at my favourite restaurant" costs when purchased from restaurant.com directly.

Are there any other sure values that return better than 1.49c/pt?

=aw

I think the AMC two coupons and two drinks is worth the most by far.  I don't go to the movies much, so my numbers may be way off in the weeds, but isn't two movie tickets $15 easily?  And two drinks would be at least $5 I bet.  So that's somewhere around $20 for less than 1,000 points = $0.02 / pt. minimum.

Of course these are only deals if you would've spent the money anyway, which is why I'm sticking with the 12-pack coupons...

rated:
I'm sure the new program will be heavy on the social aspects and that rules me out so I'm spending my points now and getting off the Coke bus.  I'm not confident that they will have much left as people realize they need to do redeem their points.  I have 2000 points so I just got $10 Amazon and $10 WalMart cards.  I have a lot of free 12 pack coupons from the holidays so I think I'll hold off on getting any more of those right now.  Even if they go out of stock they should be able to put more on.  If not I'll donate my leftover points at the end of the program.

Not having to spend time collecting and submitting points every week or drinking Coke may be very liberating!

rated:
I'm going to miss a certain MCR vending machine that often fails to read my card because each time that happens, the supermarket where it's located gives me a $1.50 cash refund.  

rated:
Time to liquidate the pts before everything is out

rated:
I'm sure the new program will be heavy on the social aspects and that rules me out so I'm spending my points now and getting off the Coke bus.
I agree with the sentiment but I thought we should be clear, not spending your points is _not_ an option. All points will be confiscated on Jul 1.

If you meant "redeeming my codes", the official deadline for doing that is Mar 22 (a WEDNESDAY). Unless there's a glitch, I'm guessing our old codes won't work on any new program they introduce on or after Jul 1.

BTW I went back and edited my earlier posts, the earning limit is 75pt/wk. When I'm logged in it says "you've redeemed 0/75pt this week" (I kept saying 75|85, wasn't sure).

=aw

rated:
I think the AMC two coupons and two drinks is worth the most by far.
Yes, though when I looked earlier I think that was the first to go. I also agree one should redeem for things one will use, e.g. I wouldn't redeem for Nike
or CokeWorld (whatever it's called). I'd assign a pretty low value to the AMC rewards because I don't go to the movies and they're so far away (I actually redeemed one when they were on sale in Dec, then gave away the code because I realized it's not going to get used).

I actually redeemed 690pt for a $10 Amazon GC instead of 670pt for a $10 WM GC. I know what I'm getting with Amazon (obviously I'm likely to shop at WM some time). And I suspect the 20pt difference is irrelevant, I'm going to leave more than that on the table when they confiscate our points on Jul 1.

Also agree re: money you spend. I do think it's better to redeem 690pt for a $10 Amazon GC rather than 3x275pt (815pt) for $10 worth of Diet Coke (3 cases at 3/$10 at CVS). Admittedly there's also 60c FL tax at CVS. But I had trouble using coupons for all cases at CVS last week, so I could end up redeeming one case at a time and paying 32c tax (for example) on each case.

Since we can only earn MCR at such a slow rate, and they're likely to run out of "good" rewards, I think this is going to get ugly. I'll have to plan my redemptions carefully to leave as little as possible on the table.

=aw

rated:
ezstreet said:   Hey all,

My wife has over 11,000 points in her account now so i would say she's SOL. I only have 1400.

EZ

wonder how you can have so many points...isn't each pack of coke product only worth 10 points?  11,000 would be like 1,100 packs...

rated:
eljamesyu said:   
ezstreet said:   Hey all,

EZ

wonder how you can have so many points...isn't each pack of coke product only worth 10 points?  11,000 would be like 1,100 packs...

That's lot of sugar intake assuming she doesn't  drink a diet soda.

rated:
Maybe she saves the codes from her friends' cases too, it doesn't really matter. To be honest, I'm more interested in strategies for cashing out the points, though it doesn't matter as much for me.

My challenge is I now have 336pt after redeeming for a $10 Amazon GC. I'm wondering whether I should now do a $5 WalMart GC for 345pt (obviously I have to redeem a 12-pack code for that) or to start saving for another $10 Amazon GC for 690pt. I need 354pt for that, so using only 12-pack codes it will take 6 weeks! (After 5 weeks I'll be 4pt short). Do I push on and hope they still have $10 Amazon GC at that point, or do I cash out now for a $5 WM GC? I believe it's literally impossible to enter enough by Mar 22 to get another $10 Amazon GC if I clean out the account for a $5 WM now -- 10 weeks at 70pt/wk starting Jan 25 takes me to Mar 29.

Bottom line, if you enter 70pt every Wednesday starting Jan 25, on Mar 22 (last day for entering) you'll have added 630pt, not enough for a $10 Amazon GC nor a $10 WM GC (you might just catch it if you start with 60pt or 40pt, respectively).

If you can somehow enter75pt each week, you'll have 675pt, still not enough for a $10 Amazon GC (but just enough for a WM GC).

Even a 12-pack of Coke for 275pt takes 4 weeks at 70pt/wk.

I stopped adding points to any of my or my relatives' accounts, figuring I'd wait and do it next time there's a promotion. I'm regretting that now.

=aw

rated:
I will be using my 1M points for bariatric surgery.

rated:
A few years ago we attended an AHL hockey game and the venue was doing a Coke Zero promotion (giving away cans of the stuff).  When we got there my wife, daughter, and I saw these two young adults with several hundred 12-packs on a pallet, opening each one and putting them on ice for the giveaway.  I stepped over and asked if they needed help and of course they said yes..  Within a few minutes we had them all put on ice.  And guess what----- I asked if we could have the Coke points and they said absolutely.  So we walked out of there with a LOT of points.

Regards,
EZ

rated:
AMC OOS ... and so it begins...

rated:
First stouffers, then kelloggs and now coke. Hummmmmm.

rated:
So should I post one code and get $5 WM now, or post 70pt every week for 6 weeks (okay 60pt in week 6) and hope they still have $10 Amazon GC? If I take the $5 WM now I literally can't reach $10 Amazon by Mar 22, even if it's available.

=aw

rated:
It looks to me like the MCR week is still Mon-Sun. I put in a bunch of codes last night (Sat) and right now (Sun 3pm) is still shows I've done 73/75 points for the week.

So if you have lots of codes, and haven't put in yet for this week, it should be worth doing it today rather than tomorrow. With the worry (my worry anyway) of Rewards continuing to go out of stock, I figure the sooner we get to our targets the better.

And a reminder that the last day for submitting codes (Mar 22) is a WEDNESDAY of all things.

=aw

rated:
barronmakena said:   First stouffers, then kelloggs and now coke. Hummmmmm.
  I think few rewards are shifting from no purchase necessary, i.e. codes, to proof of purchase, receipts. Methinks Coke is heading that way.

rated:
EVERY marketer WANTS TO KNOW what we are buying besides their product, that's the common issue on these loyalty programs...

rated:
According to Coke, if you have codes not yet entered, they will be usable in a new program that will replace MCR. They hint that the new program will be an instant win format. I've had good luck with Coke instant win programs, I wonder if I'd be better off saving my codes for the new program.

Skipping 29 Messages...
rated:
AGAIN, COCA COLA, AGAIN?!? Let's just forget about our loyal customers and throw the points/code system out the window... GRRRRR!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017