Target.com REDcard 5% discount now limited to portion charged to REDcard

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
In the past (as recent as last week), purchases made on Target.com would receive the 5% REDcard discount applied to the entire purchase even if part or all of the purchase was made with a Target gift card as long as the REDcard account number was associated with the Target.com account.

It seems this has changed and now the 5% discount is applied only to the portion of the total that is actually charged to the REDcard.  This has always been the case for in-store purchases.

Wondering if others have had the same experience.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

On Tuesday 1/24 around 12:30 PST, the 5% REDcard discount is still valid for an item that I ordered online and paid fully with gift card. I noticed the 5% REDcard discount was no longer applied to the portion that was paid by gift card starting on Wednesday 1/25.

The discount should never have been applied to the amount paid by gift card.

It was a matter of time...

I don't get enough Target Gift Cards to even notice that before.

I know it doesn't work with Cash and other forms of payment.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017