Please recommend best travel credit card no fee

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I travel once in 3 months. Florida, Canada, Europe, Americas, Asia. Not often but regularly, 4 flights a year alone or with family. 
Looking for a no-fee credit card to have these benefits:

- 1 free check-in baggage
- (optional) car rental insurance
- collect points from different airlines in one place.

No fee because I just personally feel uneasy to remember to watch/cancel/reopen those every year. Even if benefits are greater than free cards, I don't want this.  
Regarding points. I have points membership in many airlines, but hardly ever use any points. They are spread all across. They expire before I get enough because I fly different companies every time. Collecting in forms of money would be great even if i collect a quarter of the amount.

Any advice appreciated!

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You should look for a card that offers no foreign transaction fee.

rsuaver said:   You should look for a card that offers no foreign transaction fee.

I am thinking about that too. However most of the countries I visit don't accept US-issued cards, so I bring cash anyway. They do like cash.
Your advice is applicable to Canada - thanks.

Check here: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/711457 

But don't get your hopes up too much:
You only get this with cards branded for a specific airline, and most of those have an annual fee.
Any card will earn credit card rewards from any airline, none will collect all of your airline miles in one place.
Any decent card offers rental CDW coverage. A few (with an annual fee or for a per-rental fee) even offer primary coverage.

doveroftke said:   Check here: https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/711457 

But don't get your hopes up too much:
You only get this with cards branded for a specific airline, and most of those have an annual fee.
Any card will earn credit card rewards from any airline, none will collect all of your airline miles in one place.
Any decent card offers rental CDW coverage. A few (with an annual fee or for a per-rental fee) even offer primary coverage.

Thanks for a detailed answer, really appreciate it.
The link you provided is very helpful

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017