• filter:

Walmart Lowers Free Shipping Threshold to $35 -- Free 2-Day Shipping on 2M Items

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
WalMart changed their free shipping policy today. 

From now on:

• Orders over $35+ ship free
  • Over 2 million items will get free 2-day shipping on orders over $35 (otherwise it'll be 3-5 days)
  • Categories include baby, beauty, home essentials, health, pets, and more
  • 2-day shipping on orders under $35 will be $5.99
  • You can still choose in-store pickup
  • ShippingPass has ended. Current ShippingPass members will get a refund for their membership. 

https://www.walmart.com/cp/free-shipping/1088989

*wistful sigh* remember when $25 was the normal FS threshold?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
great news! Amazon can go eff off

rated:
A couple of months ago I could only order a certain item online. There was no store pickup available for that item. That changed a few months ago. WalMart online seems to be getting better with their acquisition of Jet.

rated:
What was the old WalMart minimum for free standard shipping? Was it more than $35?

rated:
ECoaster said:   What was the old WalMart minimum for free standard shipping? Was it more than $35?

I'm not sure, I do remember that Amazon used to offer FSSS on $25 so I assume WalMart's was something similar

rated:
prastogi2012 said:   great news! Amazon can go eff off
  Apart from the inappropriate language, you're assuming WalMart and Amazon are somehow equivalent. They're not. Amazon has only 2M items, Amazon has over 40M. 
You may not like it, but WalMart is nowhere near a substitute for Amazon. They've got a lot of work to do.

rated:
Heading the right way.

rated:
ECoaster said:   What was the old WalMart minimum for free standard shipping? Was it more than $35?
  It was $50. 

rated:
canoeguy1 said:   
  Apart from the inappropriate language, you're assuming WalMart and Amazon are somehow equivalent. They're not. Amazon has only 2M items, Amazon has over 40M. 
You may not like it, but WalMart is nowhere near a substitute for Amazon. They've got a lot of work to do.

agreed on all points but i always find WalMart cheaper than Amazon and I dont have prime so not eligible for several good deals. With Jet.com integration, it will be better soon!

rated:

Not sure this is the deal to lift WalMart over Amazon.  WalMart has always had free pickup, so that's a differentiator.  

rated:
Don't forget to use a card that you don't mind being used for fraudulent charges in the future.

rated:
I've used WalMart.com before and have always received items using their free "Value Shipping" within 1-2 days, with most items being shipped from nearby WalMart B&M stores. Now, it looks like they are shipping from WalMart Distribution Center 8103 in Chino, CA, but curiously FedEx tracking sees the shipper name as Jet.com.

I placed an order on Feb 1 and have yet to receive any of the 12 (small) line items in the order, 3 days after placing the order. Most items are scheduled for delivery on Feb 6, and one item was even shipped as FedEx Smartpost so it's scheduled for delivery on Feb 8, which is 7 days from the order placement.

rated:
MilleniumBuc said:   Don't forget to use a card that you don't mind being used for fraudulent charges in the future.

That's why I use PayPal on WalMart.com and on lesser-known online stores.

rated:
WalMart should go back to offering free ship-to-store (not the same as free store pick up - that is only for items locally in stock). With the large B&M presence, they would have a big advantage over Amazon.

rated:
dpacman said:   WalMart should go back to offering free ship-to-store (not the same as free store pick up - that is only for items locally in stock). With the large B&M presence, they would have a big advantage over Amazon
There has been no change.  I used WalMart's free ship to store a few days ago.

Afterwards, I got an email from WalMart saying they made a mistake in not shipping the item in two days and gave me a $5 WalMart gift certificate as compensation.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017