• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
I saw these on Brickseek too. Of course, Brickseek has sent me down a couple bad roads with their pricing not matching w... (more)

anonguy (Feb. 01, 2017 @ 7:34p) |

Maybe they are the 12 inch on the Honda of years ago

yesid0n0itall (Feb. 01, 2017 @ 11:26p) |

The tires are not $5.98, the UPC is actually for a foam wedge that WalMart sells for $5.98
somewhere brickseek has the UP... (more)

TheJoeVA (Feb. 27, 2017 @ 10:57a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
For that price it would be silly not to get them if available in your area. They should be average quality at worst.

rated:
Before you buy check the age of the tires. Here's link. Would you bet your or a love one's life for $6?

rated:
even though brickseek said there were 4 in stock near me (and there were), they were $250 each... so regular price. If you actually find them for $6, it's probably a store with one left. but considering most walmarts are selling them for $250, i'd assume they are good tires.

Agreed above... make sure they aren't 10 years old. a few years is fine, 7 is considered the 'limit'... but that is usually when they are on a car bearing weight/load/weather. if they spent 5 years in a warehouse, i'd have no issue using them another 5

rated:
kshell said:   Before you buy check the age of the tires. Here's link. Would you bet your or a love one's life for $6?

Hey, this is fatwallet where we would walk a mile in the snow to save a nickel.  So yeah.

Besides, if your existing tires are old and worn out, then these would be better and safer even if they had been stored for a long time.

rated:
"Hey, this is fatwallet where we would walk a mile in the snow to save a nickel. So yeah."

LMAO

rated:
i stopped by the local wm and they were at 79.99 even though the link shows them at 5.98

ymmv

rated:
They have plenty is So Oregon

WalMart Supercenter
135 Ne Terry Ln
Grants Pass OR 97526
541-471-2822
(3.21 Miles)
  8 $5.98
  WalMart Supercenter
3615 Crater Lake Hwy
Medford OR 97504
541-227-5396
(33.82 Miles)
10 $5.98
Conflicting data was obtained for the above record. A quantity of 10 was returned but the store is reporting "Out of Stock".
  WalMart Supercenter
1360 Center Dr
Medford OR 97501
541-772-2060
(34.98 Miles)
5 $5.98

rated:

rated:
How does someone buy $6 tires or any tires at WalMart?

Are they stacked on the floor or do you ask for them at a Service desk?

This is asked as a serious question. Thanks

rated:
eandtee said:   How does someone buy $6 tires or any tires at WalMart

Are they stacked on the floor or do you ask for them at a Service desk?

This is asked as a serious question. Thanks

Only at walmarts with tire and oil services, not all do
EDIT  and only if they have these

rated:
Why does Brickseek think these are "UNKNOWN - NOT TIRES"? I mean, would make sense that they are only $6 for some if they are transitioning this SKU to point to something other than tires.

rated:
At my WalMart, they are stocked next to the batteries, in the automotive section; Pretty easy to browse what's on hand.

Even those this are one size down (235 vs 225) from what my truck uses, I'm very tempted to pick up 4 and store them a while. There's over a dozen available at several store near me.

rated:
wow my local one has 10. Too bad the tiresize (a 15) is way too small for my suv.

rated:
225/70R15 Goodyear Polysteel Radial Large RWL
OE Tire for the 1979-82 Corvette and Trans Am

https://www.universaltire.com/225-70r15-goodyear-polysteel-radia...

rated:
Conflicting data was obtained for the above record. A quantity of x was returned but the store is reporting "Out of Stock".

rated:
marcopolomle said:   Conflicting data was obtained for the above record. A quantity of x was returned but the store is reporting "Out of Stock".
  I bet you 'called'

rated:
anyone get this or its just mistake on sku

rated:
forbin4040 said:   
marcopolomle said:   Conflicting data was obtained for the above record. A quantity of x was returned but the store is reporting "Out of Stock".
  I bet you 'called'

No, that is what Brickseek is showing him, just like it's showing me at a lot of stores.

rated:
I saw these on Brickseek too. Of course, Brickseek has sent me down a couple bad roads with their pricing not matching what they actually ring up in the store. The thing with these tires is the lack of info on them. Were they some kind of re-released classic tire, just incredibly old stock, etc.?

rated:
Maybe they are the 12 inch on the Honda of years ago

rated:
The tires are not $5.98, the UPC is actually for a foam wedge that WalMart sells for $5.98
somewhere brickseek has the UPC mixed up with the SKU
These tires are reproduction tires made originally for 70's Trans Ams and Corvettes.
I was going to buy all in the area since i have two Trans Ams that originally came with these tires, but when you go to a store with the upc it comes up as a foam wedge.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017