Best Virtual Phone Number

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Hi-
I'm looking for a service that offers a virtual phone number.

- Looking for a US phone number
- Can call through an APP (no sim card needed, wifi use) using that phone number
- Can receive calls on that phone number 

Saw grasshopper might offer something like this. Any others?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

voip.ms

I have been using Google Voice for 10+ years now.  Easy to use.  

Google Voice!  With Google Voice, you get a free phone number for calls, text messages, and voicemail. You can use the apps on smartphones and computers, and you can link your number to any mobile or landline number.  I disabled my VZW voice mail box and now use GV voice mail exclusively as it converts voice messages to text messages (you can still listen to the orig. message).

What you can do with Google Voice:

• Text from your computer or mobile phone
  • Read your voicemail and search through it like email
  • Personalize voicemail greetings for family and friends
  • Make international calls at low rates (call from ANY phone)
  • Get protected from spam calls, block unwanted callers, and screen calls before answering

Google Voice is only available in the U.S.  Almost all Google Voice calls to the U.S. and Canada are free when you're calling from the U.S. and Canada.  Calls to a few places in the U.S. and Canada cost 1 cent per minute.

voip.ms fees:

Monthly Fee: = $0.99
Per minute inbound: = $0.019, 6 seconds increment
* $0.08 for Canadian callers, unlocked on request 
* $0.17 for Alaskan callers, unlocked on request

Setup Fee: no setup fee

Can I get a Google Voice number and use it over wi-fi?
For example, if I am traveling abroad, to Europe, can I use the wi-fi there and use my google voice number to make and receive calls from the US?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017