Ringplus - we have a pulse!

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
ABOUT YOUR SERVICE Dear Members, RingPlus is currently in discussions with other MVNOs (wireless carriers) that are ready to take over your service on their plans. Your Top Up balance will be credited by the other MVNO as a courtesy. Additional benefits will likely be available. If you port out now, you will lose your top up balance. You will be informed on how the switch will be completed as well as the information about the carrier later today. If you are interested in participating in the process, please do not initiate a port at this time. RingPlus and the other MVNO will work out a transition process, and infom you of the details very soon. (Unfortuantely, I you have already initiated or completed a port out, you will not be able to participate in this process.) Best regards,
RingPlus

Copyright © 2017 Ring Plus, Inc., All rights reserved. 
You are receiving this email because you signed up for wireless service at https://ringplus.net, and we have important information about your service. 

Our mailing address is: Ring Plus, Inc.468 N. Camden Dr., 2nd FloorBeverly Hills, CA 90210
Add us to your address book 

Want to change how you receive these emails?
You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list 

Member Summary

Halp!
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I mean, if you weren't tied to your phone number this would be great, but is anyone who is tied to their phone number really willing to wait and see on something like this?

Probably makes sense for another Sprint MVNO to buy the ringplus customer roster. As long as they don't pay too much per sub, they could acquire some new customers inexpensively. Karl gets some money and customers have a no-cost option to continue (or not). Not a bad idea.

Ting is doing ports now and giving a $35 credit.
https://ting.com/blog/making-sense/ringplus-customers-lifeline-ting/

clb4g9 said:   I mean, if you weren't tied to your phone number this would be great, but is anyone who is tied to their phone number really willing to wait and see on something like this?
  They said later today. I could probably give them that long.  IF THEY HAD SENT THE EMAIL TO ME 35 MINUTE AGO!  I could cancel the port but I still haven't received this email and I don't know who they are referring too.

EDIT: Too late to cancel even.  Oh well.

They should have done this instead of sending the cancellation notice. I will bet a huge percentage of members have already abandoned ship

clb4g9 said:   I mean, if you weren't tied to your phone number this would be great, but is anyone who is tied to their phone number really willing to wait and see on something like this?
  I guess that would depend on how much you value the number vs how much topup you have.

I still have 2 phones active on RingPlus but ordered 2 FreedomPop SIMs. I guess I'll wait a few weeks to see if RingPlus comes through with this latest deal and if not then I'll activate the SIMS. If we don't use the FP SIMs, can we cancel both and activate them at a later date ?

Do we really need another thread on this topic when the previous one is alive and kicking?

You gotta give Karl some props - he appears to be trying his best

Even if another mvno pick it up, i highly doubt the free service will remain. They will transfer your balance and possibly provide one month free service, then hit you with $30 a month like VM.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017