• filter:
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
What is Freedom Friends?
You can earn additional free data each month by connecting with friends on FreedomPop
You'll earn 50MB of additional data for every friend that joins our service per month.
Sign into your account, click the home tab and there will be an option on your right labeled "My Freedom Friends". Friend Finder will scan the contacts in your address book and send out invitations to your friends and family. Friends and family that are not signed up with

FreedomPop currently will receive a referral and once they sign up you each will receive 50mb/month for as long as they remain FreedomPop members.
The larger your friend network, the more free data you'll receive each month!
Note: Maximum amount of earned data from Freedom Friends is 500mb per month, 50mb per friend.


 

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
thank you to those friends who accepted my invitation yesterday and today! now I got 400M extra data.

fatfatfatfatnow (Feb. 22, 2017 @ 6:45p) |

I have 3 lines in one account, how do I know which one is the first line.
How do I remove a line from an account ?

snake253 (Mar. 07, 2017 @ 2:47p) |

Hello I'm new to FreedomPop thanks to ringplus fiasco. I've been lurking around trying to find a good replacement servic... (more)

cruisercsuf (Mar. 17, 2017 @ 4:19p) |

ducdurango@msn.com,
ruship@gmail.com,
sammichan1@outlook.com,
bonecrushr01@gmail.com,
amy.v.xyz@gmail.com,
patrickandlydia@gmail.com,
yaanookst@gmail.com,
rbnookst@gmail.com,
aanadole@gmail.com,
fool.beauty@gmail.com,
uunsetcliff@gmail.com,
9roger9@gmail.com,
bill@jr9.org,
fp@jr9.org,
blogpie@gmail.com,
yelloe1213@gmail.com,
qv@viettriky.com,
bstrunk@gmail.com,
bbqman57@outlook.com,
bradstrunk0@gmail.com,
aerofreaky@hotmail.com,
haskelldadof4@gmail.com,
jeffreyjmolnar@gmail.com,
jeffjmolnar@gmail.com,
psaybythr@gmail.com,
Lucannguyen@outlook.com,
sstong@hotmail.com,
amytong1@hotmail.com,
neeraj123@gmail.com,
sclantw@hotmail.com,
baomx10@gmail.com,
baomx11@gmail.com,
kireetire@gmail.com,
kireetipotu@gmail.com,
psineone@gmail.com,
weazel28@gmail.com,
er.icradcliffe@gmail.com,
thegoodengineer@hotmail.com,

 
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
PLEASE PUT YOUR EMAIL IN THE QUICK SUMMARY LIST ABOVE.
YOU CAN DO THIS YOURSELF BY HITTING THE EDIT BUTTON ABOVE
(on the right lower of Quick Summary)
You can add your own email instead of asking someone else to do it.

rated:
Did you really mean wiki or were you just referring to the quick summary? Not seeing a wiki. 

rated:
fivetalents said:   Did you really mean wiki or were you just referring to the quick summary? Not seeing a wiki. 
  
The Quick Summary is also called wiki, so I'm pretty sure the quick summary is where it should go.

rated:
MVP9596 said:   
fivetalents said:   Did you really mean wiki or were you just referring to the quick summary? Not seeing a wiki. 
  
The Quick Summary is also called wiki, so I'm pretty sure the quick summary is where it should go.

  Or... the "Member Summary." I've updated the title.

rated:
MVP9596 said:   
fivetalents said:   Did you really mean wiki or were you just referring to the quick summary? Not seeing a wiki. 
  
The Quick Summary is also called wiki, so I'm pretty sure the quick summary is where it should go.

 That's not my understanding of what a wiki is, but I may be mistaken. ETA: we've had techie members create true wikis on FW in the past when the QS wasn't sufficient... there is a distinction but I'm not well versed enough to explain it.

rated:
Can we stop splitting hair now and get on with the Freedom giving "Friendships" please?

rated:
I am a FreedomPop user

rated:
I sent out a bunch of requests from the SD Wiki last night, and four already accepted. I "earned" 50 MB for each of those four. I see it's a recurring thing every month (which is nice since I am likely using this to replace R+.)

rated:
As long as you pay your bill and use your FreedomPop account at least every other month, the benefit repeats automatically. It is important to USE it or they will lock you out but keep billing making it useless and almost impossible to recover. Been there ... made that mistake.

rated:
JW10 said:   It is important to USE it or they will lock you out but keep billing making it useless and almost impossible to recover. Been there ... made that mistake.
Hmnnnn.........I heard that people used it after 4-5 months and it worked without any hassle. Am I missing something here?
I have couple of SIM cards from FP from last month. Should I be worried?
 

rated:
JW10 said:   As long as you pay your bill and use your FreedomPop account at least every other month, the benefit repeats automatically. It is important to USE it or they will lock you out but keep billing making it useless and almost impossible to recover. Been there ... made that mistake.
  This also includes 'as long as you don't pay a bill each month because you have a free plan and don't get a bill'.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
JW10 said:   It is important to USE it or they will lock you out but keep billing making it useless and almost impossible to recover. Been there ... made that mistake.
Hmnnnn.........I heard that people used it after 4-5 months and it worked without any hassle. Am I missing something here?
I have couple of SIM cards from FP from last month. Should I be worried?

  FreedomFriens works for both GSM and CDMA. On CDMA the device can become inactive without use on the free accounts.  I have had that happen.  If inactive a CDMA device can be made active again pretty easily and it's free.  With GSM I have not had that problem even when the SIM sat for multiple months. I don't know if there is a time limit for GSM at all.  The GSM devices are the devices that only start with a free 200mb. For example the "Global SIM"

You can add me to the list.
bill@jr9.org
fp@jr9.org

 

rated:
giqcass said:   
marcopolomle said:   
JW10 said:   It is important to USE it or they will lock you out but keep billing making it useless and almost impossible to recover. Been there ... made that mistake.
Hmnnnn.........I heard that people used it after 4-5 months and it worked without any hassle. Am I missing something here?
I have couple of SIM cards from FP from last month. Should I be worried?

  FreedomFriens works for both GSM and CDMA. On CDMA the device can become inactive without use on the free accounts.  I have had that happen.  If inactive a CDMA device can be made active again pretty easily and it's free.  With GSM I have not had that problem even when the SIM sat for multiple months. I don't know if there is a time limit for GSM at all.  The GSM devices are the devices that only start with a free 200mb. For example the "Global SIM"

You can add me to the list.
bill@jr9.org
fp@jr9.org

 

Thanks for the great explanation.
 

rated:
All filled up with friend data now!

Thank You!

rated:
Question:
I have two lines under one FP account but I am only getting Freedom Friends credit on one (first) line in my account.
Does anyone know how will I get credit on my second line or not at all ?
TIA

rated:
marcopolomle said:   Question:
I have two lines under one FP account but I am only getting Freedom Friends credit on one (first) line in my account.
Does anyone know how will I get credit on my second line or not at all ?
TIA

  I seem to be earning data on all devices but I have over 50 Freedom Friends. Perhaps the first line must hit the limit of 10 before the next line starts earning.  Do you have more then 10?

rated:
JW10 said:   As long as you pay your bill and use your FreedomPop account at least every other month, the benefit repeats automatically. It is important to USE it or they will lock you out but keep billing making it useless and almost impossible to recover. Been there ... made that mistake.
  My comments above are personal experiences and that of my sister who still has not been able to get reactivated but her credit card is billed each month.

rated:
JW10 said:   JW10 said:   As long as you pay your bill and use your FreedomPop account at least every other month, the benefit repeats automatically. It is important to USE it or they will lock you out but keep billing making it useless and almost impossible to recover. Been there ... made that mistake.
  My comments above are personal experiences and that of my sister who still has not been able to get reactivated but her credit card is billed each month.
  

LOL I have two FreedomPop phone and used it like once a year and no problem.

rated:
Awesome..added mine..

rated:
giqcass said:   
marcopolomle said:   Question:
I have two lines under one FP account but I am only getting Freedom Friends credit on one (first) line in my account.
Does anyone know how will I get credit on my second line or not at all ?
TIA

  I seem to be earning data on all devices but I have over 50 Freedom Friends. Perhaps the first line must hit the limit of 10 before the next line starts earning.  Do you have more then 10?

I have over 30 now but I am not getting any data added on my second line after receiving a total of maximum allowed 500 MB.
Maybe it's limited to per account ?

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
giqcass said:   
marcopolomle said:   Question:
I have two lines under one FP account but I am only getting Freedom Friends credit on one (first) line in my account.
Does anyone know how will I get credit on my second line or not at all ?
TIA

  I seem to be earning data on all devices but I have over 50 Freedom Friends. Perhaps the first line must hit the limit of 10 before the next line starts earning.  Do you have more then 10?

I have over 30 now but I am not getting any data added on my second line after receiving a total of maximum allowed 500 MB.
Maybe it's limited to per account ?

  Probably something to take up with FreedomPop in their forums.

rated:
There has been a thread like this on SD for a couple of years.  Definitely a good way to double your data.  Two points to keep in mind from my experience.

  • Return the favor and accept other people's invites
  • When you can't keep up any longer and your message board gets overfilled, remove your name from this list.  But keep it here at least for a while (see point 1)

rated:
added above...

rated:
If your friend drops FP, do you lose the 50M/month?

rated:
shallot said:   If your friend drops FP, do you lose the 50M/month?
  Yes that is why you should add some extra friends.  You only get data for a maximum of 10 but there is no limit on how many you actually have.  So add extras. Whatever number make you feel good.  I personally just accept anyone that asks.  I have over 60 on one account.

rated:
Can you add my FP emails:

haskelldadof4@gmail.com,
jeffreyjmolnar@gmail.com,
jeffjmolnar@gmail.com

rated:
Added 7 on 3 accounts in just a few hours, and the international SIM is running at over 9 down this morning. So with phone and all I have $10 in each account and these little phones are capable of tethering. Sweet deal. They will probably be full before the day is out.

rated:
new to FreedomPop and this friends thing.. do i just copy all the email address and paste to the invite by email address box within my account and click invite?

rated:
sukimeps said:   new to FreedomPop and this friends thing.. do i just copy all the email address and paste to the invite by email address box within my account and click invite?
Yes. As simple as that.

rated:
Please add me to the list:

sstong@hotmail.com,
amytong1@hotmail.com
 

rated:
Please add me to list:

neeraj123@gmail.com

rated:
I had not initially noticed this myself but for future people please note the edit button on the summary.
You can add your own email instead of asking someone else to do it.

rated:
Redbeard25 said:   What is Freedom Friends?
You can earn additional free data each month by connecting with friends on FreedomPop
You'll earn 50MB of additional data for every friend that joins our service per month.
Sign into your account, click the home tab and there will be an option on your right labeled "My Freedom Friends". Friend Finder will scan the contacts in your address book and send out invitations to your friends and family. Friends and family that are not signed up with

FreedomPop currently will receive a referral and once they sign up you each will receive 50mb/month for as long as they remain FreedomPop members.
The larger your friend network, the more free data you'll receive each month!
Note: Maximum amount of earned data from Freedom Friends is 500mb per month, 50mb per friend.


 

  It seems that one can earn up to 1 GB from Freedom Friends connection on top the the 500 MB that comes with the Basic plan. The graphics with dial and needle shows 1 GB as the farthermost point on the right! 

rated:
love4money said:   
Redbeard25 said:   What is Freedom Friends?
You can earn additional free data each month by connecting with friends on FreedomPop
You'll earn 50MB of additional data for every friend that joins our service per month.
Sign into your account, click the home tab and there will be an option on your right labeled "My Freedom Friends". Friend Finder will scan the contacts in your address book and send out invitations to your friends and family. Friends and family that are not signed up with

FreedomPop currently will receive a referral and once they sign up you each will receive 50mb/month for as long as they remain FreedomPop members.
The larger your friend network, the more free data you'll receive each month!
Note: Maximum amount of earned data from Freedom Friends is 500mb per month, 50mb per friend.


 

  It seems that one can earn up to 1 GB from Freedom Friends connection on top the the 500 MB that comes with the Basic plan. The graphics with dial and needle shows 1 GB as the farthermost point on the right! 

  
I'm pretty sure you can only get 500mb from friends. Add a bunch and you'll see the needle stops moving at 500. The remaining 500 can be filled up (presumably, I haven't tried yet) by completing offers.

rated:
love4money said:     It seems that one can earn up to 1 GB from Freedom Friends connection on top the the 500 MB that comes with the Basic plan. The graphics with dial and needle shows 1 GB as the farthermost point on the right! 
  Freedom Friends caps at 500mb.  There are other way to earn free data. .  I "earned" 10.5 gigs one month even though the graphic does not go that high.

NOTE: I earned the extra 10GB(for 1 month) buying a hotspot.  I think they are offering a free 5GB(for 1 month) on some hotspots right now. Freedom friends is applied every month for as long as you are friends.  All the other earned data options get you one time extra data for 1 month.  Find out more under the "Earn free data" section.

rated:
Has it been resolved whether Freedom Friends works on multiple lines per account?

rated:
LorenPechtel said:   Has it been resolved whether Freedom Friends works on multiple lines per account?
Learned the hard way that it only works on the first line.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   
LorenPechtel said:   Has it been resolved whether Freedom Friends works on multiple lines per account?
Learned the hard way that it only works on the first line.

  Am I the only one getting credit on multiple lines in one account?

Skipping 4 Messages...
rated:
Hello I'm new to FreedomPop thanks to ringplus fiasco. I've been lurking around trying to find a good replacement service to park my number. Decided on FreedomPop as it sounds like a good deal. Sent friends requests to emails list above. Just wanted to drop a note and thanks in advance for accepting my friend request!

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017