• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Home City Packaged Ice Antitrust Settlement deadline   05/17/2017  LINK 
To all individuals and businesses who purchased packaged ice indirectly (i.e., not from a manufacturer but from a retailer) such as from a supermarket, grocery store, or gas station made by The Home City Ice Company, Arctic Glacier, Inc., Arctic Glacier International, Inc., Arctic Glacier Income Fund, Reddy Ice Corporation, or Reddy Ice Holdings, Inc., or their subsidiaries or affiliates (including all predecessors thereof) from January 1, 2001 through March 6, 2008. Packaged Ice means ice in bags and ice in blocks.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
(No proof of purchase required) RECEIVE: $12.00*

rated:
busnut said:   (No proof of purchase required) RECEIVE: $12.00*
 You can click 1-6 bags and get $6, or 7-12 bags and get $12- both with no receipts required...

More than that and you need receipts- if anyone has receipts from ice from 2001-2008...

rated:
Note that this is limited to certain states, apparently:

"The proposed plan of allocation is as follows:

If you claim that you have purchased 1 to 6 bags/blocks of Packaged Ice during the Class Period in one or more of the states listed in Settlement Class II from any of the Defendants or a subsidiary or affiliate of a Defendant (including all predecessors thereof), you would receive: $6

If you claim that you have purchased 7 or more bags/blocks of Packaged Ice during the Class Period in one or more of the states listed in Settlement Class II from any of the Defendants or a subsidiary or affiliate of a Defendant (including all predecessors thereof), you would receive: $12.

No proof of purchase would be required to claim up to 12 bags/blocks of Packaged Ice. For any additional bags/blocks of Packaged Ice with proof of purchase provided, you would receive: $12 plus $2 for each additional bag/block greater than 12. If no proof of purchase were provided, you would receive only $12."

==
"The Settlement Classes are defined as:

•"Settlement Class I”:
All purchasers of Packaged Ice who purchased Packaged Ice in the United States indirectly* from
The Home City Ice Company, Reddy Ice Holdings, Inc., Reddy Ice Corporation, Arctic Glacier Income Fund, Arctic Glacier, Inc. and/or Arctic Glacier International, Inc. (collectively, “Defendants”) and/or Defendants’ subsidiaries or affiliates (including all predecessors thereof) at any time during the period from January 1, 2001 to March 6, 2008.
Excluded from the Settlement Class are governmental entities and Defendants, including their parents, subsidiaries, predecessors or successors, Defendants’ co-conspirators, and the Releasees as defined in the Settlement Agreement.

•“Settlement Class II”: All purchasers of Packaged Ice who purchased Packaged Ice indirectly*
in Arizona, Arkansas, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and/or Wyoming
from The Home City Ice Company, Reddy Ice Holdings, Inc., Reddy Ice Corporation, Arctic Glacier Income Fund, Arctic Glacier, Inc. and/or Arctic Glacier International, Inc. (collectively, “Defendants”) and/or Defendants’ subsidiaries or affiliates (including all predecessors thereof) at any time from January 1, 2001 to March 6, 2008. Excluded from the Settlement Class are governmental entities and Defendants, including their parents, subsidiaries, predecessors or successors, Defendants’ co-conspirators, and the Releasees as defined in the Settlement Agreement."

from: https://homecityicesettlement.com/mainpage/FrequentlyAskedQuesti...

rated:
oppidum said:   Note that this is limited to certain states, apparently:

•“Settlement Class II”: All purchasers of Packaged Ice who purchased Packaged Ice indirectly*
in Arizona, Arkansas, California, District of Columbia, Florida, Illinois, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Massachusetts, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, Nevada, New Hampshire, New Mexico, New York, North Carolina, North Dakota, South Dakota, Tennessee, Utah, Vermont, West Virginia, Wisconsin, and/or Wyoming
from The Home City Ice Company, Reddy Ice Holdings, Inc., Reddy Ice Corporation, Arctic Glacier Income Fund, Arctic Glacier, Inc. and/or Arctic Glacier International, Inc. (collectively, “Defendants”) and/or Defendants’ subsidiaries or affiliates (including all predecessors thereof) at any time from January 1, 2001 to March 6, 2008. Excluded from the Settlement Class are governmental entities and Defendants, including their parents, subsidiaries, predecessors or successors, Defendants’ co-conspirators, and the Releasees as defined in the Settlement Agreement."

from: https://homecityicesettlement.com/mainpage/FrequentlyAskedQuestions.aspx

Looks like it only restricts it to purchases in those states, not residents of those states.  Since it covers a time period from 2001-2008, it's reasonable that people could have bought in those states even if they don't live there now.

rated:
comprx said:   it's reasonable that people could have bought in those states even if they don't live there now.
I did not say that this was not the case.

I only said it was limited to certain states, and then I pasted information from the class action information which points out clearly that the class action settlement is limited to purchases that were made in certain states. 

I did not say that the making of a claim is limited to residents of certain states.

---
And why would the original poster give my post a red when all it did was highlight an important fact/limitation about the class action that was not mentioned in the OP but will save a lot of people (such as myself) time when they read it here -- when they realize that they wouldn't qualify to file a claim because they hadn't bought ice in any of the included states?
Odd.
The point of FW is to help each other with timely, helpful, accurate information.

rated:
oppidum said:   
comprx said:   it's reasonable that people could have bought in those states even if they don't live there now.
And why would the original poster give my post a red when all it did was highlight an important fact/limitation about the class action that was not mentioned in the OP but will save a lot of people (such as myself) time when they read it here -- when they realize that they wouldn't qualify to file a claim because they hadn't bought ice in any of the included states?
Odd.
The point of FW is to help each other with timely, helpful, accurate information.

My red was because your post comes off as a lecture. Posts of these Class Actions are done by ME to give basic information. Each person should do their own research as to their ability to file or not.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017