• filter:
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Can i buy at jet.com ($2000) or say provantage ($1,720.33)

http://www.provantage.com/lg-elec...GTV05L.htm

and then price match using discover Price Protection to 

http://www.ebuyusa.com/prodinfo.phtml?id=2875

($1175)?

Do people have experience using discover Price Protection with these electronic dealers like tvsuperstores, joesav, ebuyusa, etc.?  Will it work?

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Buy the TV from a legit site. Set a Camelcamelcamel alert for Amazon and keep an eye on sales from other legit stores. I... (more)

doveroftke (Feb. 16, 2017 @ 11:14a) |

are you permitted to price match the same item with the same credit card company more than one time?  either same receip... (more)

quickfatwallet (Feb. 17, 2017 @ 1:57p) |

If your question is "can I buy another item if I previously price-matched that item and file a 2nd price match claim", t... (more)

busnut (Feb. 19, 2017 @ 4:03p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Yes, always find your big purchases on a shady site and pricematch.

rated:
Myers215 said:   Yes, always find your big purchases on a shady site and pricematch.
  ​are you being serious?  I mean, have you tried it?

rated:
quickfatwallet said:   
Myers215 said:   Yes, always find your big purchases on a shady site and pricematch.
  ​are you being serious?  I mean, have you tried it?

  
Several times. 

rated:
Myers215 said:   
quickfatwallet said:   
Myers215 said:   Yes, always find your big purchases on a shady site and pricematch.
  ​are you being serious?  I mean, have you tried it?

  
Several times. 

  is there anything I should do/know about the process before commencing?

rated:
quickfatwallet said:   
Myers215 said:   
quickfatwallet said:   
Myers215 said:   Yes, always find your big purchases on a shady site and pricematch.
  ​are you being serious?  I mean, have you tried it?

  
Several times. 

  is there anything I should do/know about the process before commencing?

  
Just screenshot the pricematch with the current time and date on the screen.  I typically do one with the current time website up on the screen and do another one that shows the current time/date in the taskbar.  I'm sure either would be fine though. 

rated:
Myers215 said:   
quickfatwallet said:   
Myers215 said:   
quickfatwallet said:   
Myers215 said:   Yes, always find your big purchases on a shady site and pricematch.
  ​are you being serious?  I mean, have you tried it?

  
Several times. 

  is there anything I should do/know about the process before commencing?

  
Just screenshot the pricematch with the current time and date on the screen.  I typically do one with the current time website up on the screen and do another one that shows the current time/date in the taskbar.  I'm sure either would be fine though. 

  ok will do.  do you know how long it typically takes for them to approve it?  I was thinking to submit the claim as soon as I make the purchase (if that's not too soon).

rated:
quickfatwallet said:   
Myers215 said:   
quickfatwallet said:   
Myers215 said:   Yes, always find your big purchases on a shady site and pricematch.
  ​are you being serious?  I mean, have you tried it?

  
Several times. 

  is there anything I should do/know about the process before commencing?

Price ProtectionDiscover covers the difference if you find a better price.Shop with confidence now. Don't miss out on the sale price later. We will refund the difference up to $500 on eligible items if you find a lower price at any store within 90 days of purchase.

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/member-benefits/price-prot...

rated:
As soon as the charge on your credit card is no longer pending you can file the claim. Then it takes a week or two for approval and another week or two for the check.

rated:
Seems underhanded to steal from Discover.... but I guess I am on the wrong website for ethics.

rated:
hifiguy1 said:   Seems underhanded to steal from Discover.... but I guess I am on the wrong website for ethics.
Please clarify which part of using Discover's pricematch policy exactly how it was intended is stealing. 

rated:
Why not just buy from ebuyusa? 
Because, ebuyusa is a scam. Since the product is not truly available at that price.
You know it is a scam, so you are not using Discover's price match as intended. 

 

rated:
Myers215 said:   As soon as the charge on your credit card is no longer pending you can file the claim. Then it takes a week or two for approval and another week or two for the check.
thx

rated:
discover price match is a joke. During the claim process, they will automatically apply a discount to any item if there is a promo code for a specific item. Has happened to me on 2 separate occasions now.
Black Friday, I purchased 2 fitbits and used price protection. One got approved and one denied. They were both on the same exact order....Discover sucks

rated:
greenglow said:   discover price match is a joke. During the claim process, they will automatically apply a discount to any item if there is a promo code for a specific item. Has happened to me on 2 separate occasions now.
Black Friday, I purchased 2 fitbits and used price protection. One got approved and one denied. They were both on the same exact order....Discover sucks

  do you have experience with any of the other credit card matching companies?  which one is the best?

rated:
Concerning EbuyUSA ......

Why would people give glowing Five Star reviews before they've even received their purchase?   Caveat emptor
=14pxorder was easy, great pricing - will report back on the experience after shipping and delivery.

super low price, let's see if they actually deliver!

All I did was place an order thus far, so as far as that goes its easy. A review after receiving the actual item would probably be more useful

 
  “Order just placed.” 


rated:
bucktownboy said:   Concerning EbuyUSA ......

Why would people give glowing Five Star reviews before they've even received their purchase?   Caveat emptor

=14pxorder was easy, great pricing - will report back on the experience after shipping and delivery.

super low price, let's see if they actually deliver!

All I did was place an order thus far, so as far as that goes its easy. A review after receiving the actual item would probably be more useful

 
  “Order just placed.” 


  

i don't know

rated:
greenglow said:   discover price match is a joke. During the claim process, they will automatically apply a discount to any item if there is a promo code for a specific item. Has happened to me on 2 separate occasions now.
Black Friday, I purchased 2 fitbits and used price protection. One got approved and one denied. They were both on the same exact order....Discover sucks

  Was the promo code on the item at the store that was price matched or was the promo code on the item at the store that you purchased from?  I may face a similar situation. Because I was considering buying from jet.com and jet.com is currently offering a $150 visa card. The store that I would price match to is ebuyusa. See their link above. That's store, apparently, does not carry any type of promotions on the item, which is good.

rated:
Am I speaking loudly enough for all of you to hear?

rated:
dumroo said:   Am I speaking loudly enough for all of you to hear?I DID NOT HEAR WHAT YOU SAID, CAN YOU PLEASE TALK LOUDER.  

rated:
I have used Chase many times before and never had an issue. Plus they process and pay way faster then Discover.

rated:
quickfatwallet said:   
greenglow said:   discover price match is a joke. During the claim process, they will automatically apply a discount to any item if there is a promo code for a specific item. Has happened to me on 2 separate occasions now.
Black Friday, I purchased 2 fitbits and used price protection. One got approved and one denied. They were both on the same exact order....Discover sucks

  Was the promo code on the item at the store that was price matched or was the promo code on the item at the store that you purchased from?  I may face a similar situation. Because I was considering buying from jet.com and jet.com is currently offering a $150 visa card. The store that I would price match to is ebuyusa. See their link above. That's store, apparently, does not carry any type of promotions on the item, which is good.

  
The promo code was on the item from the store that I originally purchased from. For example, certain brands (Nike) are not eligible for promo codes from Kohls. But Discover took it upon themselves to price adjust my claim by applying the coupon to an item that was not eligible for a promo code. This caused my price adjustment on the claim to actually go under what I claimed, so I was denied. Called and was transferred to a supervisor who said they applied their own calculations based on the promo code wording they saw on my invoice/receipt. 

Chase has been such a breeze to deal with price protection. Furious with Discover, actually thinking about cancelling my card now if they are not going to honor the benefit program the card is "supposed to offer"

rated:
greenglow said:   
quickfatwallet said:   
greenglow said:   discover price match is a joke. During the claim process, they will automatically apply a discount to any item if there is a promo code for a specific item. Has happened to me on 2 separate occasions now.
Black Friday, I purchased 2 fitbits and used price protection. One got approved and one denied. They were both on the same exact order....Discover sucks

  Was the promo code on the item at the store that was price matched or was the promo code on the item at the store that you purchased from?  I may face a similar situation. Because I was considering buying from jet.com and jet.com is currently offering a $150 visa card. The store that I would price match to is ebuyusa. See their link above. That's store, apparently, does not carry any type of promotions on the item, which is good.

  
The promo code was on the item from the store that I originally purchased from. For example, certain brands (Nike ) are not eligible for promo codes from Kohls. But Discover took it upon themselves to price adjust my claim by applying the coupon to an item that was not eligible for a promo code. This caused my price adjustment on the claim to actually go under what I claimed, so I was denied. Called and was transferred to a supervisor who said they applied their own calculations based on the promo code wording they saw on my invoice/receipt. 

Chase has been such a breeze to deal with price protection. Furious with Discover, actually thinking about cancelling my card now if they are not going to honor the benefit program the card is "supposed to offer"

  

do you think I will run into a similar problem because jet.com offers a $150 visa card on the tv?  I would be price matching my purchase from jet.com ($2000 plus $150 visa card) to ebuyusa ($1175).

rated:
Stop with the BOLD already!!!!

rated:
quickfatwallet said:   
greenglow said:   
quickfatwallet said:   
greenglow said:   discover price match is a joke. During the claim process, they will automatically apply a discount to any item if there is a promo code for a specific item. Has happened to me on 2 separate occasions now.
Black Friday, I purchased 2 fitbits and used price protection. One got approved and one denied. They were both on the same exact order....Discover sucks

  Was the promo code on the item at the store that was price matched or was the promo code on the item at the store that you purchased from?  I may face a similar situation. Because I was considering buying from jet.com and jet.com is currently offering a $150 visa card. The store that I would price match to is ebuyusa. See their link above. That's store, apparently, does not carry any type of promotions on the item, which is good.

  
The promo code was on the item from the store that I originally purchased from. For example, certain brands (Nike ) are not eligible for promo codes from Kohls. But Discover took it upon themselves to price adjust my claim by applying the coupon to an item that was not eligible for a promo code. This caused my price adjustment on the claim to actually go under what I claimed, so I was denied. Called and was transferred to a supervisor who said they applied their own calculations based on the promo code wording they saw on my invoice/receipt. 

Chase has been such a breeze to deal with price protection. Furious with Discover, actually thinking about cancelling my card now if they are not going to honor the benefit program the card is "supposed to offer"

  

do you think I will run into a similar problem because jet.com offers a $150 visa card on the tv?  I would be price matching my purchase from jet.com ($2000 plus $150 visa card) to ebuyusa ($1175).

  I cant say for certain as I have not had an issue like this with discover. I price matched a macbook from black friday from apple that came with a $150 itunes card against best buy and it worked. But again that was Chase. 
I dont have any specific examples of that scenario with Discover, all I can say is that it has not been pleasant overall dealing with Discover price protection.

rated:
greenglow said:   
quickfatwallet said:   
greenglow said:   
quickfatwallet said:   
greenglow said:   discover price match is a joke. During the claim process, they will automatically apply a discount to any item if there is a promo code for a specific item. Has happened to me on 2 separate occasions now.
Black Friday, I purchased 2 fitbits and used price protection. One got approved and one denied. They were both on the same exact order....Discover sucks

  Was the promo code on the item at the store that was price matched or was the promo code on the item at the store that you purchased from?  I may face a similar situation. Because I was considering buying from jet.com and jet.com is currently offering a $150 visa card. The store that I would price match to is ebuyusa. See their link above. That's store, apparently, does not carry any type of promotions on the item, which is good.

  
The promo code was on the item from the store that I originally purchased from. For example, certain brands (Nike ) are not eligible for promo codes from Kohls. But Discover took it upon themselves to price adjust my claim by applying the coupon to an item that was not eligible for a promo code. This caused my price adjustment on the claim to actually go under what I claimed, so I was denied. Called and was transferred to a supervisor who said they applied their own calculations based on the promo code wording they saw on my invoice/receipt. 

Chase has been such a breeze to deal with price protection. Furious with Discover, actually thinking about cancelling my card now if they are not going to honor the benefit program the card is "supposed to offer"

  

do you think I will run into a similar problem because jet.com offers a $150 visa card on the tv?  I would be price matching my purchase from jet.com ($2000 plus $150 visa card) to ebuyusa ($1175).

  I cant say for certain as I have not had an issue like this with discover. I price matched a macbook from black friday from apple that came with a $150 itunes card against best buy and it worked. But again that was Chase. 
I dont have any specific examples of that scenario with Discover, all I can say is that it has not been pleasant overall dealing with Discover price protection.

  Thanks.   Let me research some more on the credit card options.  Tough to decide what to do here.................  

rated:
quickfatwallet said:   Tough to decide what to do here.................  
 

  
Buy the TV from a legit site. Set a Camelcamelcamel alert for Amazon and keep an eye on sales from other legit stores. If you find a better legit deal, price match; otherwise, feel confident you got a decent deal.

rated:
quickfatwallet said:   
greenglow said:   
quickfatwallet said:   
greenglow said:   
quickfatwallet said:   
greenglow said:   discover price match is a joke. During the claim process, they will automatically apply a discount to any item if there is a promo code for a specific item. Has happened to me on 2 separate occasions now.
Black Friday, I purchased 2 fitbits and used price protection. One got approved and one denied. They were both on the same exact order....Discover sucks

  Was the promo code on the item at the store that was price matched or was the promo code on the item at the store that you purchased from?  I may face a similar situation. Because I was considering buying from jet.com and jet.com is currently offering a $150 visa card. The store that I would price match to is ebuyusa. See their link above. That's store, apparently, does not carry any type of promotions on the item, which is good.

  
The promo code was on the item from the store that I originally purchased from. For example, certain brands (Nike ) are not eligible for promo codes from Kohls. But Discover took it upon themselves to price adjust my claim by applying the coupon to an item that was not eligible for a promo code. This caused my price adjustment on the claim to actually go under what I claimed, so I was denied. Called and was transferred to a supervisor who said they applied their own calculations based on the promo code wording they saw on my invoice/receipt. 

Chase has been such a breeze to deal with price protection. Furious with Discover, actually thinking about cancelling my card now if they are not going to honor the benefit program the card is "supposed to offer"

  

do you think I will run into a similar problem because jet.com offers a $150 visa card on the tv?  I would be price matching my purchase from jet.com ($2000 plus $150 visa card) to ebuyusa ($1175).

  I cant say for certain as I have not had an issue like this with discover. I price matched a macbook from black friday from apple that came with a $150 itunes card against best buy and it worked. But again that was Chase. 
I dont have any specific examples of that scenario with Discover, all I can say is that it has not been pleasant overall dealing with Discover price protection.

  Thanks.   Let me research some more on the credit card options.  Tough to decide what to do here.................  

  
are you permitted to price match the same item with the same credit card company more than one time?  either same receipt or separate transaction?

which of the credit cards allow this (citi, mastercard, discover, chase, maybe more)?
  

rated:
 are you permitted to price match the same item with the same credit card company more than one time?  either same receipt or separate transaction?

which of the credit cards allow this (citi, mastercard, discover, chase, maybe more)?
  

  
If your question is "can I buy another item if I previously price-matched that item and file a 2nd price match claim", then yes.  Have filed price match/Citi Price Rewind claims several times on same item a few weeks apart.  There is no restriction in the T&C of either Discover or CitiBank regarding same receipt or transactions days/weeks apart or for multiple items.  Citi by far is easier.  My best was  bought a $1,000 item recvd a $250 Price Rewind  - bought 2 same items week apart.  Used the same screen-shot for both Price Rewind claims.  Same is true if you buy multiple items.  You MUST FILE a separate a separate Price Rewind claim for each item even if they are on the same receipt.  Bought 4 Epson ink cartridges at Wally store & price matched them to Amzn.  Filed 4 separate Price Rewind claims - recvd 4 PR refunds.  Screen shots of websites are acceptable as long as the date/time is showing.  Send everything as .pdf documents - use CUTE PDF - its excellent & free. 

  • Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply
     
    Click here for full-featured reply.


Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017