• filter:

Forever 21 No Sale Items Can Be Returned?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Looked at items on sale at Forever 21 and checked out their Return Policy it states:

"SALE MERCHANDISE, COSMETICS, UNDERWEAR, SELECT LINGERIE AND SWIMWEAR, EARRINGS, BODY PIERCINGS, AND GIFT CARDS / E-GIFT CARDS ARE ALL FINAL SALE ITEMS AND CANNOT BE RETURNED OR EXCHANGED, UNLESS REQUIRED BY LAW."

So no matter what you buy that's on sale if it don't fit or whatever you're stuck with it?

Cannot see ordering anything that may or may not fit there.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Hmm..Sale Merchandise?

The others are all 'contaminiated' by the owner, but Sale Merchandise?

rated:
What is your state law on returns?

rated:
Use amex cards on final sales items

rated:
don't like it?  don't buy it.

rated:
i dont see any language that precludes store credit for returned sale merchandise.

i do see "store credit" mentioned in related terms and conditions pertaining to returns.

if you know you want a particular item but select an incorrect size you could argue that their policy does not prohibit obtaining store credit; you could subsequently use the store credit to buy a different size of the same item thereby circumventing a direct exchange.

in a broader context all merchandise is saleable: it seems like they are attempting to give themselves an out regardless of what you purchase.

rated:
jeffwastaken said:   i dont see any language that precludes store credit for returned sale merchandise.

i do see "store credit" mentioned in related terms and conditions pertaining to returns.

if you know you want a particular item but select an incorrect size you could argue that their policy does not prohibit obtaining store credit; you could subsequently use the store credit to buy a different size of the same item thereby circumventing a direct exchange.

in a broader context all merchandise is saleable: it seems like they are attempting to give themselves an out regardless of what you purchase.

The act of them issuing you store credit will be deemed as a "return process" so they'll argue that.

rated:
They're pricks with this policy and that is why my family no longer ever shops there. I suggest others avoid them as well.

rated:
jeffwastaken said:   i dont see any language that precludes store credit for returned sale merchandise.

Really?   Exactly what do you think "ALL ARE FINAL SALE ITEMS AND CANNOT BE RETURNED OR EXCHANGED" means?
Seems pretty straight forward, not the slightest bit ambiguous, they even have it all in caps so you don't think they are kidding, CANNOT BE RETURNED OR EXCHANGED.
When it says No Returns it does not say for cashback, or for credits, etc etc,  It says "NO RETURNS."

Do you actually believe if they will not give you an exchange, they will instead give you a store credit to purchase the exchange they would not allow?
I don't think so.

rated:
DjScibbity said:   They're pricks with this policy and that is why my family no longer ever shops there. I suggest others avoid them as well.

Vote with your wallet. I do it myself all the time and see another like-minded individual with DjScibitty.

For those complaining, returns cost stores money. Someone at their HQ did the math and determined, correctly or not, that this company would not do returns on sale merchandise. Good customer service has a cost. Some stores find it an investment in returning customers, good will, etc. Other firms see it as a cost center.

It is a privately held company now, so profitability not readily visit, but seems to be a dumpster fire of a company (like many non-luxury mall-centric fashion stores are right now).
http://www.racked.com/2016/6/28/12051552/forever-21-business-slo...

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017