• filter:

Need R+ alternatives

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Now that R+ has gone under and Ting is $$$, I need an alternative to free cell phone service.  Also, please don't tell me about Freedom pop.  I cannot stand them.  Please help me with an alternative free service before my $35 Ting credit runs out.  My monthly requirements are 2000+ minutes and sms.  4GB+ data.  Also I need good connection.  E.g. strong LTE signal everywhere.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
FreedomPop is the only "Free alternative" so you are going to have to pay something. With your usage it's going to be a decent amount.
Are you open to using a data only plan combined with something like Google voice?

rated:
there's no free for your "requirements" of 2000 min + 4GB of data + strong LTE signal everywhere. in fact, if you had to pay for that, you'd pay quite a bit. i'd venture to guess you'd have to pay $50/month for what your wishing for. good luck and let the rest of us know what you find.

rated:
fatxman said:   Now that R+ has gone under and Ting is $$$, I need an alternative to free cell phone service.  Also, please don't tell me about Freedom pop.  I cannot stand them.  Please help me with an alternative free service before my $35 Ting credit runs out.  My monthly requirements are 2000+ minutes and sms.  4GB+ data.  Also I need good connection.  E.g. strong LTE signal everywhere.

JOKE???

rated:
Virginmob. for $35 a month to get UL + 5GB.   Or Cricket 3gb plan with auto-pay for $35 a month.  If that's what you need, that's what you pay
edit to add;  If you can successfully port out to Cricket from Ting you can get a free or inexpensive phone too.  Look on the Ring+ forum for a Cricket referral link. 

rated:
fatxman said:   Now that R+ has gone under and Ting is $$$, I need an alternative to free cell phone service.  Also, please don't tell me about Freedom pop.  I cannot stand them.  Please help me with an alternative free service before my $35 Ting credit runs out.  My monthly requirements are 2000+ minutes and sms.  4GB+ data.  Also I need good connection.  E.g. strong LTE signal everywhere.

Ok, You did not have free service with 2000+min and 4GB+ data with R+ in several months since they killed all those plans. Further, even then RP+ voice quality was sub par prior to their Mad plans, which in an sense dropped those big buckets to nothing. As far as "free" only thing is FP. Try LTE instead of Sprint CDMA.

Otherwise, there's nothing free.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017