TruGreen price negotiations success

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
TruGreen sent me a season billing with a 7% discount if I pay by March 15th.  Previous years has been a 10% season pay discount.  I called in about that.  I was able to negotiate about half my service plan a 25% discount and 10% discount for the rest of the service plan plus the 7% season pay discount.  I made no threats to change companies.  I did not even mention I have been their customer for a few seasons.  I just asked what they could do to entice me to pay now.   Needless to say YMMV depending on the agent on the phone.

I used the Fidelity Visa managed by Elan under a targeted offer.  Sock Drawer card.  This billing gets a Visa 2% rebate on everything and fulfills the targeted offer amount. Everything else to the end of April gets 3% on everything during the targeted time in the offer.
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/finance/1475652?newest=1#last   postings from March 1st provide DPs.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Do they actually do anything over and above the generic 2-4D spraying in Spring and fall?
They claim to provide "customized service tailored to my lawn" or something but all I ever see them doing to my neighbors is spraying. I usually spray myself, but am considering signing up.

asabase said:   Do they actually do anything over and above the generic 2-4D spraying in Spring and fall?
They claim to provide "customized service tailored to my lawn" or something but all I ever see them doing to my neighbors is spraying. I usually spray myself, but am considering signing up.

The basic service gets you spraying.  Want aeration?  That'll cost ya.  Need treatment for anything besides grass?  That'll cost ya.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017