Costco Membership fee increase by 8%

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
https://customerservice.costco.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/7145   I typically spend about $3000/year at costco. Executive membership (2% money back) resulted me just $35 for last couple of years. There is no way for me to check the reward, I raised my concern, there is no audit available for this. I am loosing  money on Executive membership fee. I plan to downgrade my membership from Executive to Gold membership. Only thing I will lose is Auto insurance road side service, with Ameriprise it cost  additional $5.   Did anyone had issue on 2% reward? Does true fatwalleter got benefit out of executive membership?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I did have Executive membership also. The thing is there is a full guarantee for executive membership. They will refund your money if you did not save enough of a difference with cash back. If you earn less than $55 Cash Back, you can request a refund for your "loss" (not a full $55, just the difference). If you do this they downgrade you to regular membership. No loss, but no extra earnings either.

BTW effective June 1st Costco membership is going up...“Goldstar” (individual) membership and business members will pay an annual fee of $60, Costco said. Costco's “executive” memberships, which cost more but offer 2% rewards on Costco purchases and other perks, will increase to $120 from $110

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017