Boost Mobile Unlocking via FCC Complaint

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
If you are Boost Mobile subscriber, You will be told that if your phone is replaced via Manufacturer's Warranty, Apple Care or the Phone Insurance they are selling etc. your 12 month active service requirement will re-start. Even though it has been 14 months for me, after spending over 10 hours between Apple and Boost CS, there was no outcome.Boost Mobile has also happen to give me an MSL code which was confirmed to be useless by Apple Senior Tech Adviser during a 3-Way Conf.

After leaving an FCC complaint, I was reached out by Spring Regulation Compliance department. Issue has been solved.Sprint has also agreed that Boost Mobile was not complying with their own unlocking policy.

My intention was to sell the Iphone6S I have and continue with Iphone7 on boost. Instead I have switched to one of the T-Mobile plans and got the S7 Edge deal. ($360)

I do not follow any forums other than FW and I wanted to share this experience with FW users.

Update 3/11/2017
I have noticed that the last phone I was sent was a retail phone by the insurance company.My hotspot was working fine. New one did not have this functionality. Even after unlocking this can not be enabled on boost.  
I am unsure but here is a warning.
 Replacement phone I was given made me choose a carrier which naturally locked the phone. If you buy a retail phone  with no GSM connection and use it on Boost, it gets added to Boost database. If your phone gets changed by apple, now you have unlocking problems.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Funny you mentioned this since I just purchased 2 16gb iPhone 6's for $100 each from Boost Mobile without contracts. Since it's quite difficult to unlock these devices without paying $50+ on eBay for an unlock code, I'll probably just take advantage of the T-Mobile deal where you can trade in an iPhone 6 for an iPhone 7 with a number port in.

Sucks that Boost Mobile makes it so difficult to unlock any of their devices even for customers. Customer service on their end is horrible and their plans really aren't that cheap to justify such bad customer support. Personally, I switched from T-Mobile to Cricket and Cricket's customer service over the phone is horrible while it's amazing if you chat with them on the site. I can usually get things done quickly using their webpage's chat option. On another note, we're only paying $17/month for 3gb LTE data and unlimited talk/text on Cricket. Target had 10% off their prepaid cards and you can double dip for another 5% with the red card. So our monthly total for 5 lines is $100 - $15 = $85 / 5 = $17

Not having used Boost Mobile before, was there a chat option on their site? Guess it's just another reason to steer clear of Boost Mobile.

ne0tekk said:   Funny you mentioned this since I just purchased 2 16gb iPhone 6's for $100 each from Boost Mobile without contracts. Since it's quite difficult to unlock these devices without paying $50+ on eBay for an unlock code, I'll probably just take advantage of the T-Mobile deal where you can trade in an iPhone 6 for an iPhone 7 with a number port in.

Sucks that Boost Mobile makes it so difficult to unlock any of their devices even for customers. Customer service on their end is horrible and their plans really aren't that cheap to justify such bad customer support. Personally, I switched from T-Mobile to Cricket and Cricket's customer service over the phone is horrible while it's amazing if you chat with them on the site. I can usually get things done quickly using their webpage's chat option. On another note, we're only paying $17/month for 3gb LTE data and unlimited talk/text on Cricket. Target had 10% off their prepaid cards and you can double dip for another 5% with the red card. So our monthly total for 5 lines is $100 - $15 = $85 / 5 = $17

Not having used Boost Mobile before, was there a chat option on their site? Guess it's just another reason to steer clear of Boost Mobile.

how did you get iPhone 6's for $100?

lemonhead said:   
ne0tekk said:   Funny you mentioned this since I just purchased 2 16gb iPhone 6's for $100 each from Boost Mobile without contracts. 
  how did you get iPhone 6's for $100?

There was a deal last week, it didn't last long. He got lucky to get 2.

ne0tekk said:   Funny you mentioned this since I just purchased 2 16gb iPhone 6's for $100 each from Boost Mobile without contracts. Since it's quite difficult to unlock these devices without paying $50+ on eBay for an unlock code, I'll probably just take advantage of the T-Mobile deal where you can trade in an iPhone 6 for an iPhone 7 with a number port in.

Sucks that Boost Mobile makes it so difficult to unlock any of their devices even for customers. Customer service on their end is horrible and their plans really aren't that cheap to justify such bad customer support. Personally, I switched from T-Mobile to Cricket and Cricket's customer service over the phone is horrible while it's amazing if you chat with them on the site. I can usually get things done quickly using their webpage's chat option. On another note, we're only paying $17/month for 3gb LTE data and unlimited talk/text on Cricket. Target had 10% off their prepaid cards and you can double dip for another 5% with the red card. So our monthly total for 5 lines is $100 - $15 = $85 / 5 = $17

Target's discount on Cricket doesn't help most, including myself. Without the extra 5% Red Card savings and 6% general sales tax and $1.50 per card E911 fee my total saving was $1.60 per $100. Not worth my time to drive to Target.

jimates said:   

Target 's discount on Cricket doesn't help most, including myself. Without the extra 5% Red Card savings and 6% general sales tax and $1.50 per card E911 fee my total saving was $1.60 per $100. Not worth my time to drive to Target

I ordered my cricket cards online and they did not charge tax. And they delivered to my inbox. These are considered gift cards. Not service cards. I got $350 in refill cards for $315. (I don't have a red card, but got 10% off sale). So it's worth it for me

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017