• filter:
  • Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Email Title is - Your DIRECTV NOW package now includes HBO for one year!

To those of you who signed up during the Apple TV offer Or just got GoBig ($70)
If you signed up before 3/6/2017 you might be getting a Year of HBO for free!

More GoT!

I checked it after getting the email and it wasn't there YET, but I confirmed that the email is real

https://help.directvnow.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000881663
 Your DIRECTV NOW package now includes HBO for one year!

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I got the same email, so I went to check my account and it showed next bill to be 215$!!! I tried to chat online but the estimated wait time was 21 minutes. So it seams instead of getting credited 5$/month for HBO, they are trying to get the cost of their Apple TVs back!

rated:
Mine says $40 /month right now. They better fix that before I get charged.

rated:
Someone in the DTVN User Group on Facebook showed a screenshot of an upcoming $215 charge as well. I hope it gets fixed for you. 

rated:
Received the email yesterday, HBO is in my listings this morning.

rated:
Got email yesterday, HBO is available NOW, and tomorrow's bill is for $35. Not a streamer, per se, but DTV Now is pretty good for $35/month. HBO included HBO East, HBO Family, and on demand.

List of DirecTV Channels...

A&E
ABC
AMC
American Heroes
Animal Planet
Audience
AXS TV
Baby First
BBC America
BBC World News
BET
Bloomberg TV
Bravo
BTN
C-SPAN
C-SPAN2
Cartoon Network
Centric
CMT
CNBC
CNBC World
CNN
Comedy Central
Comedy TV
Cooking Channel
Destination America
Discovery
Discovery Family Channel
Discovery Life
Disney Channel**
Disney Junior**
Disney XD**
DIY Network
E!
ESPN
ESPN2
ESPNEWS
ESPNU
FM
Food Network
Fox
Fox Business Network
Fox News Channel
FOX Sports 1
FOX Sports 2
Freeform**
Fuse
Fusion
FX
FX Movie Channel
FXX
fyi,
Galavision
Golf Channel
GSN
Hallmark Channel
HGTV
HISTORY
HLN
IFC
Investigation Discovery
Justice Central
Lifetime
LMN
Logo
MLB Network
MSNBC
MTV
MTV2
MTV Classic
Nat Geo WILD
National Geographic Channel
NBA TV
NBC
NBC Sports Network
NBC Universo
NHL Network
Nick Jr.
Nickelodeon/Nick at Nite
Nicktoons
OWN
Oxygen
Revolt
RFD-TV
Science
SEC Network
Spike
Sprout
SundanceTV
Syfy
TBS
TCM
TeenNick
Telemundo
Tennis Channel
TLC
TNT
Travel Channel
TruTV
TV Land
TVG
UniMás
Univision
USA Network
Velocity
VH1
Viceland
WE tv
Weather Channel
WeatherNation

rated:
For people who want to try DIRECTV NOW, I would advise to wait. The service is terrible right now. I can stream any other service without issues, but direct tv now buffers, freezes and has a weird robotic voice issue. Also they keep promising DVR, but that is still just a promise. I would probably pay $10 a month for the service, but at $35+, it is just not worth it yet.

rated:
IT did not occur to the wealthy executives at Direct TV/AT&T  to try the service at home before they rolled it out to the great unwashed.

rated:
Same here email yesterday HBO today - now if they add DVR and CBS and app for Samsung smart TVs I am happy camper as i can sell the apple tv which will pay for 3-4 months of service. I have no streaming issue whatsoever - because I have Uverse internet and am their postpaid mobile customer? I had the uverse TV+internet and changed to this - am saving $20 a month which allows me to buy sub to netflix and still come out $10 winner.  

rated:
I have been using since December. Terrible in December. Very good now. I would say I see buffering maybe once a week.

rated:
DirectvNow said: Your Go Big plan will automatically start on ‎Apr‎ ‎15‎, ‎2017 at 7 PM EST and you will be charged $215.00.

When I go to payment history, it shows I will be billed $215, however going to "Manage my Plan" shows my plan will renew at $40. I had HBO added before and also received e-mail about 1 year free offer.
I should be charged $35 then, not $215 or even $40. What a messed up company!
Where is promised Roku Channel?

rated:
According to FAQ on their website, subscribers who are already paying for HBO should receive monthly credit for the next year.~~Existing paid subscriber with HBO
Since you're already enjoying HBO:
•We've added the monthly discount in order to zero rate the monthly HBO charge. You will see $0 HBO line item in your Payment History.
•This discount is effective through March 7, 2018, at which time the discount will drop and the monthly HBO programming charge resumes.
•You must keep your “Go Big” or “Gotta Have It” DIRECTV NOW package to keep your HBO discount.
~~Existing subscriber with HBO and Apple TV device offer (3 month prepaid)
If you subscribed to HBO during the prepayment window, we'll add the monthly discount at the end of the prepayment period. Your discount is effective for exactly one year, at which time the discount will automatically drop and the monthly HBO programming charge resumes. You must keep your “Go Big” or “Gotta Have It” DIRECTV NOW package to keep your HBO discount.

rated:
Looks like I am not billed for month of March - I started on Nov 30 with Apple TV offer with the Go Big plan grandfathered in @ $35 which would have ended on Feb 28 and should have been charged for month of March but it says I will be billed on April 7th... As much dysfunctional this is - its helping me so am OK with it but worry that somewhere down the line i will end up on wrong side and will have to face that issue.... Still keeping it and hopefully this 'beta' stage gets over and DTVN gets its stuff together and offer DVR and CBS.

rated:
Got billed for March this morning -- $35.

rated:
Anyone know if I sign up for a trial right now, would I get HBO during the trial also?

rated:
I don't think so, it was for old customers.

So far I'm been powering Westworld and Game of Thrones with it.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017