• filter:

whole house generator

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I don't know much about them but I am looking for the BEST DEAL on a whole house generator.  Any ideas?  i need for emergencies to power furnace, sump pump maybe a tv.  I would really, really appreciate any advice.  I know someone who is VERY reasonable to wire it so I need a deal on the unit.  Don't even know where you buy them.  Thanks. 

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
What size do you need? Costco has Honeywell 17KW, 20KW and a 22KW. Checked the prices on the 20KW and it is $400 - $600 lower than most others online.

Ask your electrician what size you need to run what you want. You may be able to get away with a smaller unit depending on what you want to keep running during an outage.

rated:
you need to size the generator to start. what do you want to put on it. that'll determine how big a generator you need and what you need to wire it up.
you really want to put your furnace on the generator? usually, people only put essentials on the generator to keep the size of the generator down and how much gas/Diesel you need to store.

rated:
miserly said:   you need to size the generator to start. what do you want to put on it. that'll determine how big a generator you need and what you need to wire it up.
you really want to put your furnace on the generator? usually, people only put essentials on the generator to keep the size of the generator down and how much gas/Diesel you need to store.

There are also units available powered by natural gas, so you don't need any fuel storage.  For example, Generac has units in various sizes that can provide complete household power.  You will need local technicians to make connections to natural gas and to home switch box.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017