• filter:

Beck v. Harbor Freight

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
LINK   
Must be postmarked no later than August 7, 2017
If you are a Harbor Freight customer in the United States who made one or more purchases from Harbor Freight between April 8, 2011 through December 15, 2016, you may be entitled to receive benefits covered by the National Sale Price Settlement.
This website contains information regarding a Class Action lawsuit entitled Beck v. Harbor Freight, No. 15CV00598. This lawsuit alleges that Harbor Freight violated the law by advertising merchandise as "on sale" or "comp at" that had not been sold at the stated regular or "comp at" price for 28 of the preceding 90 days. Harbor Freight disputes Plaintiff's allegations and believes that it complied with all applicable laws at all times.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Just credit card statements means this is transaction based and not based on what was purchased?

rated:
https://secure.gcginc.com/NSP/Login

CAPTCA ERROR for site owner:
Invalid domain for site key

rated:
vickh said:   https://secure.gcginc.com/NSP/Login

CAPTCA ERROR for site owner:
Invalid domain for site key

Didn't file so I have no idea why you got that message.

rated:
Freakin class action lawyers ...  Next they'll figure out how to sue over the "free with purchase" coupons.

rated:
I have read through the settlement website tonight and I am putting the following information here in order to save other Fatwalleters time.

---
Electronic claim filing via the internet: ONLY for customers who have receipts or card statements in a .pdf format to upload

"If you have itemized Harbor Freight receipts and/or credit or debit card statements reflecting one or more purchases at Harbor Freight between April 8, 2001 and December 15, 2016 and these receipts and/or statements are in .pdf format,
you may file your claim online by clicking on the Online Filing link on the left side of this page, complete the required information, upload your documentation and submit your claim electronically.
All claims must be submitted no later than August 7, 2017."

The online form starts here: https://secure.gcginc.com/nsp/LandingPage.aspx

---
Hard-copy claim filing by US Mail: For customers who do not have any receipts or card statements, and for customers who do have receipts or card statements but who do not have them in a .pdf format.

"If you do not have itemized Harbor Freight receipts and/or credit or debit card statements reflecting one or more purchases at Harbor Freight between April 8, 2001 and December 15, 2016
or these receipts or statements are not available in .pdf format,
you may submit your Claim Form by mail,
postmarked no later than August 7, 2017.
...Alternatively, you may call 1-888-321-0482 to request that a Claim Form be mailed to you."

The hard-copy/paper form is available here: https://secure.gcginc.com/nsp/PocForm.aspx

rated:
Combined classes estimated at 1.1 million people.
Group A: Receipt showing "you saved ____" excluding free items/returns. You get 20% of saved amount in cash or 30% in HF gift card. Second allocation if money remains up to 54% cash / 60% gift card.
Group B: Credit card or other proof of purchase without proof of "you saved______." You get 10% of total purchase amount in cash or 12% in HF gift card. Second allocation if money remains up to 18%.
Group C: No documentation required other than declaration. You get a $10 HF gift card. Third allocation if money remains as gift card.
Source: http://www.nationalsalepricesettlement.com/docs/sa.pdf 

You can claim in Group C or Group A and B, but not A/B and C. It seems that one might get more with Group B than A. 

HF uses my phone number when I shop and thus knows what I bought. This process seems shady. We should object I guess? If 110,000 or more object HF can pull out of the settlement. Many receipts will be illegible due to thermal ink fading even if we have them. 

rated:
great move oppidum finding that important exclusion  part of the deal green for you thanks

rated:
As I said I did not read the entire claim. I did post the POSTMARK deadline indicating it needed to be mailed.

rated:
Hmmmm... I've made many purchases at Harbor freight during the stated period and somehow I just don't feel I've been harmed in any way by their "sale"/"compare at"/"free with" sales practices, so I won't be filing a claim. Of course this probably means I'm just giving my share to those who do.... So be it.

rated:
ashokanman said:   Hmmmm... I've made many purchases at Harbor freight during the stated period and somehow I just don't feel I've been harmed in any way by their "sale"/"compare at"/"free with" sales practices, so I won't be filing a claim. Of course this probably means I'm just giving my share to those who do.... So be it.
  Many victims don't realized what happened to them.  It's just like supressed memories of UFO abductions.

rated:
It's a class action with way too many eligible "victims" so the only people that will truly benefit are the attorneys. Harbor Freight will probably just settle by offering everyone affected a free flashlight or tape measure. I've got plenty of those from them already so I'll pass. lol

rated:
Class action lawyers are such scumbags. Harbor Freight sells very inexpensive tools. They aren't high quality, but for the price you pay they are unbeatable value. Use an item coupon or 20% off coupon and a free item coupon and it feels like you are stealing from them. Free multimeters, tape measures, gloves, tarps, electric flyswatters, batteries, $10 for a torque wrench??? Cheaper than a couple burgers and unbeatable for the occasional user.

I'm sure there people here who bought the $99.00 6.5hp engine, have bolted on some wheels, seat and steering wheel and called it their daily driver.

rated:
tuphat said:   Freakin class action lawyers ...  Next they'll figure out how to sue over the "free with purchase" coupons.
 I bought a small house with what I got from a class action against a pharmaceutical company that tried to kill me.
 Being so dismissive, could cost you dearly.

rated:
if someone files a similar suit for Kohls, I'd get back thousands based off their hilarious "original prices" and "you saved" printed on the receipts.

rated:
If you're happy being ripped off by an unscrupulous merchant, then don't file a claim.  I would rather see the "scum bag" lawyers profit by stopping unscrupulous merchants than allow the merchants to continue ripping off customers.

rated:
It sure looks like this rolled out of a law firm's research department, not from any actual damage to customers.

rated:
skarydrunkguy said:   if someone files a similar suit for Kohls, I'd get back thousands based off their hilarious "original prices" and "you saved" printed on the receipts.
I think they might have done a class action along those lines (maybe not exactly the same) regarding the Kohls "sale" and "original" pricing claims, but it was only for California residents.  A year or two ago.

rated:
I have several HF receipts from those dates but you can no longer see the item(s) purchased as the ink faded.  I don't know how safe it is to email PDFs of my CC statements as proof.....

rated:
bobley said:   
HF uses my phone number when I shop and thus knows what I bought. This process seems shady. We should object I guess? If 110,000 or more object HF can pull out of the settlement. Many receipts will be illegible due to thermal ink fading even if we have them. 

I went into HF awhile back for a return or something and they punched in the phone number I've had for 17 years. Nothing. Years of purchases were gone. Their store system still shows my previous address even though I updated my online account 9 months ago. Their customer and purchase data is very lacking and out of sync. I do keep receipts of more expensive items with a real warranty. Will have to see how many are still legible but will still go with a combination of Option A & B.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017