• filter:

Sears Warns of ‘Substantial Doubt’ About Company's Future/Survival

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I think we could of all told Sears this 10 years ago!

rated:
Everything dies, eventually.

rated:
I don't shop there but its always sad to see a business of this size go down. All the people they employ plus their supply chains and even retail rent payments affects towns and areas very heavily. Were will our teenagers go for their summer job's? At this point all entry level jobs will require 10 years of experience.

rated:
They go down because every thing they sell are made in china

rated:

rated:
mainomega said:   I don't shop there but its always sad to see a business of this size go down. All the people they employ plus their supply chains and even retail rent payments affects towns and areas very heavily. Were will our teenagers go for their summer job's? At this point all entry level jobs will require 10 years of experience.
  I go there about once a month, often to bring a craftman tool for lifetime warranty replacement. It's always somewhere between empty and almost empty.

rated:
I have some shopyourway points, I need to use it, not sure what to buy though.

rated:
TheDealMaker said:   I have some shopyourway points, I need to use it, not sure what to buy though.
 Thanks for sharing.

rated:
Here is another article about Sears:

Sears' plan to sell brands no salve for financial woes

http://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/sears-plan-to-sell-bran...

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   Everything dies, eventually.
  At the hands of a madman who thinks he's a genius?

rated:
gimmiecb said:   
ZenNUTS said:   Everything dies, eventually.
  At the hands of a madman who thinks he's a genius?

he will do just fine. He's plundering the inherent residual value of the real estate

rated:
mazda3 said:   They go down because every thing they sell are made in china
  Ever been to W@lmart or a Dollar st0re?  If not, got there this weekend and report back as to what percentage of items you found there were of non-Chinese made?

rated:
A previous thread on this topic contained a link to an article that described how Sears was being treated by the people currently in control of it.

"Inside Sears ' death spiral: How an iconic American brand has been driven to the edge of bankruptcy"
https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1550542

"Sears chairman Edward Lampert appears at company meetings only on projector screen while inside his $38 million home, 1,400 miles away."

rated:
I'm wondering if the Quarterly reminder that Sears is about to go bankrupt any day now might just be a ploy to prompt people to run out and squander their Sears / Kmart gift cards and SYW points?

rated:
jerosen said:   I'm wondering if the Quarterly reminder that Sears is about to go bankrupt any day now might just be a ploy to prompt people to run out and squander their Sears / Kmart gift cards and SYW points?
 Any announcement from the top there is bound to be for strategic, short-term-gain, c.y.a. reasons.

rated:
My local one is in such bad shape that the upward escalator has been broken for weeks, and you can only go up a tiny elevator. When you are up there there is nobody ( since the rest of the mall is one story), and you need to go down to pay because the shut off all payment locations upstairs.

My guess is that they decided fixing the upward going stairs is not worth it. They don't even have signs pointing you toward the elevator.

rated:
I know of a nice elevator going for cheap.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017