Target online processing payment changed for GC/Redcard?

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Forgive me if I missed the conversation with this, but I'm having an issue on Target.com in that it is acting different then it used to.

As a RedCard holder (with that card associated with my account profile), it *used* to be that even when paying with a gift card I would be eligible to receive 5% discount and the free shipping that RedCard holders get.  Yes, I realize that this is different than in the store where you only get 5% off on what you place on the RedCard - but online has traditionally been as I explain...

This worked as frequently as a month or two ago when I placed an order.

However, now I am unable to get free shipping or my 5% when using a GC. I have tried every possible combination of applying the payment methods and it is either use the RedCard and get the benefits, or use the GC and not get them.

Did they change something?  Is anyone else having this problem or are their systems malfunctioning currently (which I wouldn't be surprised because Target.com is really a piece of shite).

Thanks.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

BenH said:   Forgive me if I missed the conversation with this, but I'm having an issue on Target.com in that it is acting different then it used to.

As a RedCard holder (with that card associated with my account profile), it *used* to be that even when paying with a gift card I would be eligible to receive 5% discount and the free shipping that RedCard holders get.  Yes, I realize that this is different than in the store where you only get 5% off on what you place on the RedCard - but online has traditionally been as I explain...

This worked as frequently as a month or two ago when I placed an order.

However, now I am unable to get free shipping or my 5% when using a GC. I have tried every possible combination of applying the payment methods and it is either use the RedCard and get the benefits, or use the GC and not get them.

Did they change something?  Is anyone else having this problem or are their systems malfunctioning currently (which I wouldn't be surprised because Target.com is really a piece of shite).

Thanks.

The 5% discount using a gift card when logged in with a Red Card associated account disappeared a few months ago; the free shipping using a gift card when logged in with a Red Card associated account disappeared late last month.

Hmm , did not know this . Thx for the info .

For the free shipping, someone said you can get it as long as any portion of the purchase is paid with RedCard, e.g., pay $10 on a gift card, $0.05 on a RedCard, get free shipping.  But that depends on you having a gift card with a balance smaller than your purchase.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017