• filter:

Why You Should Care About the Supreme Court Case on Toner Cartridges

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
This is scary and if the supreme court nominee is confirmed then Lexmark will win the case.

Meanwhile don't buy Lexmark Printers.

I'm glad that I sold off my Lexmark printers long ago.

rated:
marcopolomle said:   This is scary and if the supreme court nominee is confirmed then Lexmark will win the case.

Meanwhile don't buy Lexmark Printers.

I'm glad that I sold off my Lexmark printers long ago.

It's less about Lexmark(most printer manufacturers have tried or are trying to limit products in their printers that they don't manufacture, some class-action lawsuits have already been filed an won on behalf of consumers) and more about the implications for all other products and consumers' freedom of use.  Blatant money grab in a cash cow industry for a struggling company that can't/won't innovate so they want the legal system to shaft consumers.  Will common sense or the almighty dollar prevail?

rated:
If this affects Inkjets & it passes. I'll then buy 4-5 complete sets of 5 color cartridges for $4/set before it takes affect. By then hopefully some form of sanity will have prevailed.

rated:
all the real problems in this country and they spend time on Toner ink,,,how sad,,

rated:
Meh. Buy compatibles directly from China. Their officials cannot be bribed as easily as the US Congress and the US Supreme Court.

rated:
trumpotron said:   all the real problems in this country and they spend time on Toner ink,,,how sad,,

Ink is one of the highest priced liquids though...

rated:
I don't care

rated:
I guess, Lexmark says if you don't like our rules then don't buy our product.

I hate the notion that an exchange of money for a physical product does not include a license to transfer that physical product to anyone willing to trade for it regardless of its status.

I vote patent exhaustion starts at trade.

I think of the Robots movie. Parts were bought out by the makers of upgrades. Who wants to get fixed!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017