Convert Amazon.com balance into Best Buy gift card

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I want to buy an Insignia Roku TV which is officially a Best Buy exclusive and available from their website for $479.99. I have a large Amazon.com balance that I'd like to use for the purchase. The TV is actually available on Amazon from a third party seller but it's over $100 more, being listed at $595. I've come across a few discussions online about converting Best Buy gift cards into Amazon.com credit, but nothing about going the other direction. Amazon does sell gift cards to other retailers on their site, but I can't find one for Best Buy. Does anyone have any suggestions for going straight from Amazon credit to Best Buy gift card? Alternatively, I was thinking of using my Amazon credit to buy a gift card for somewhere else and then using a gift card exchange site to trade it for a Best Buy card. If I do that, does anyone have any suggestions on what gift card exchange site to use and what "interim" gift card I should buy from Amazon?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Just wanted to follow up with the solution to my problem that I ended up using. I asked my friends on Facebook if anyone had a large order they would be doing on Amazon soon and found a friend that wanted to make an order on Amazon for just over the total cost of the TV from Best Buy. I made his order on my Amazon account using my gift card balance. I then made the order for my TV on Best Buy using his credit card. Since his order was over the cost of the TV by about $30, he sent me the difference through Google Wallet. The end result being that I was able to use my Amazon gift card balance to get the TV from Best Buy plus a little cash. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Yeah, I was really hoping there would be a way to convert Amazon to Best Buy. Oh well.

Yogi76 said:   Just wanted to follow up with the solution to my problem that I ended up using. I asked my friends on Facebook if anyone had a large order they would be doing on Amazon soon and found a friend that wanted to make an order on Amazon for just over the total cost of the TV from Best Buy. I made his order on my Amazon account using my gift card balance. I then made the order for my TV on Best Buy using his credit card. Since his order was over the cost of the TV by about $30, he sent me the difference through Google Wallet. The end result being that I was able to use my Amazon gift card balance to get the TV from Best Buy plus a little cash. Where there's a will, there's a way.

Good solution, but it really has nothing to do with Amazon / BB. Your friend liquidated your Amazon balance for you, which you could have then used anywhere. You chose to use it at BB. 

You know you are answering a question asked a month ago.

forbin4040 said:   You know you are answering a question asked a month ago.
You know you are commenting on an answer to a question asked a month ago?

BrianGa said:   
Good solution, but it really has nothing to do with Amazon / BB. Your friend liquidated your Amazon balance for you, which you could have then used anywhere. You chose to use it at BB. 

Yes, I know, but I had just wanted to put a follow-up to my initial post with the solution I used in case anyone happened upon the thread later.

Wow the OP has answered! Green for you.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017