• filter:

Changes to Walgreens rewards?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I have always been told that Walgreens Rewards never expire.

But this week a manager said there are some changes in 2017.

Your Reward number must be used at least one time every 6 months.  Simply having your card scan at a register counts even if no points are involved.

Regardless of how often your card is scanned, your saved Reward Points cannot last longer than 3 years.

If you do not scan your number for 6 months, all points are gone.

All points 3 years old expire.

Can anyone verify this info?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Yes, they updated it the end of January.

"Should any Balance Rewards Member not use their Card (physical Card, virtual Card via
smartphone or phone number look-up) in a transaction for 6 consecutive calendar
months, the membership will be deemed to be inactive and all accumulated Points will be
forfeited. For active Members, all Points expire on a rolling 36-month basis. Complete
terms and conditions of Point redemption are posted at Walgreens.com/Balance."

https://www.walgreens.com/images/adaptive/si/balancerewards/Bala...

rated:
Green for OP that's a good catch (and a disappointing move -- 6 months!?!?).

=aw

rated:
JiggleTheHandle said:   I have always been told that Walgreens Rewards never expire.

But this week a manager said there are some changes in 2017.

Your Reward number must be used at least one time every 6 months.  Simply having your card scan at a register counts even if no points are involved.

Regardless of how often your card is scanned, your saved Reward Points cannot last longer than 3 years.

If you do not scan your number for 6 months, all points are gone.

All points 3 years old expire.

Can anyone verify this info?

I believe that 6 months rule has been in place for some time. this is not the first I've heard of it. as for 3 year expiration, I think that's quite fair and shouldn't be a problem for most. Can't think of a reason to sit on Walgreens points for that long anyway, and Plenti points have a shorter expiry, I believe 24 months. 

rated:
Good info no matter how long it's been in place. Even though Wags is cyclical for me (sometimes going weekly, other times hardly ever), I'm going to be more diligent about scanning my card. Thanks OP.

rated:
OP is misinformed. The 6 months/3 year expiration verbiage has been there since day one.

rated:
Found this from 2012:
Points Expiration
Keep in mind that if you do not earn or redeem points for 6 consecutive calendar months, the membership will be deemed to be inactive and all accumulated Points will be forfeited. For active Members, all Balance Rewards Points expire on a rolling 36 month basis.

rated:
Does earning points or using the Walgreens app count? (using the app and not buying something, just looking around in the app). Or do I have to do an in store or online transaction where i'm spending money every 6 months?

rated:
jegrant said:   Does earning points or using the Walgreens app count? (using the app and not buying something, just looking around in the app). Or do I have to do an in store or online transaction where i'm spending money every 6 months?
  Just looking around in the app does not count. Your card/account must be used at least once every 6 months.

rated:
anticlawson said:   Yes, they updated it the end of January.

"Should any Balance Rewards Member not use their Card (physical Card, virtual Card via
months, the membership will be deemed to be inactive and all accumulated Points will be
forfeited. For active Members, all Points expire on a rolling 36-month basis. Complete
terms and conditions of Point redemption are posted at Walgreens. com/Balance."

https://www.walgreens.com/images/adaptive/si/balancerewards/BalanceRewards_termsandconditions.pdf

They may have update the site but the expiration info has not changed since the program was rolled out.

rated:
CouponClippen said:   
anticlawson said:   Yes, they updated it the end of January.

terms and conditions of Point redemption are posted at Walgreens. com/Balance."

https://www.walgreens.com/images/adaptive/si/balancerewards/BalanceRewards_termsandconditions.pdf

They may have update the site but the expiration info has not changed since the program was rolled out.

Where can you find the expiration dateS of the points?  I think somewhere it says the points expires on a rolling 36-mo basis -- meaning even if you make a trasx every 6 mos, those points still expires after 36 mos???

TIA  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017