Looking for cheap T-shirts for kid art project - 25 shirts

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Looking for cheap T-shirts for kid art project - 25 shirts.  Lowest local price I can find locally is Hobby Lobby for about $2.79 a tshirt. I would love $1 per shirt!Trying to keep low cost for Kindergarten charity project and the kids get to decorate their own shirts.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You can find deals like this and others at wal*mart online & in-store. The deal I linked comes out to $1.28 per t-shirt before tax. You might be able to find an even better deal in-store. YMMV

turtlebug said:   You can find deals like this and others at wal*mart online & in-store. The deal I linked comes out to $1.28 per t-shirt before tax. You might be able to find an even better deal in-store. YMMV

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately we saw those but they are a bit too thin.

The problem with $1 shirts is they will be thin. Threads do cost.

You might have to cruise Goodwill or some Auction houses to see if they have a large number that were donated.

Maybe ask a sports league or maybe a big time college program for some of their "reject" tshirts.

For example, the NFL donates the pre-printed tshirts of the Super Bowl losing team to various African countries.

I would suggest putting the word out to family & friends as well as a Craigslist ad in the "Wanted" category. As long as all of the shirts don't have to be identical, I bet you would find lots of people with a shirt or two in their closet that would be willing to donate to your cause. Good Luck!

ricoscoro said:   
turtlebug said:   You can find deals like this and others at wal*mart online & in-store. The deal I linked comes out to $1.28 per t-shirt before tax. You might be able to find an even better deal in-store. YMMV

Thanks for the reply, unfortunately we saw those but they are a bit too thin.

What do you expect from $1.28 t-shirt? If you want a better quality, then pony up the extra cost. Or do some Uber driving to make extra few bucks so that you can buy $3t-shirt. I am sure you can make extra $50 in less than 5 hours of driving.

Contact some of the professional T-shirt printing companies near you asking if they would either donate the shirts or sell at cost.
At your event, thank them as a supporting sponsor or something like that.

Thanks everybody for all the responses!  It is much appreciated.

I ended up spending the extra $1 for $2 total per shirt at Michael's craft store as they are having a door buster deal today for Gildan shirts for $2/shirt and the Gildan shirts are perfect for this.

We did try Dollar Tree which were not bad shirts, probably better than the Hanes undershirts, but the stores all had only 1 or 2 white ones so we couldn't do a one stop shop.  Dollar Tree was going to be my go to!

ricoscoro said:   Thanks everybody for all the responses!  It is much appreciated.

I ended up spending the extra $1 for $2 total per shirt at Michael's craft store as they are having a door buster deal today for Gildan shirts for $2/shirt and the Gildan shirts are perfect for this.

We did try Dollar Tree which were not bad shirts, probably better than the Hanes undershirts, but the stores all had only 1 or 2 white ones so we couldn't do a one stop shop.  Dollar Tree was going to be my go to!

Next time, check out their online bulk ordering, 24 may just be their minimum! Also, in the past, we've also used boy's undershirts, but they tend to be thinner.

Pobre said:   
ricoscoro said:   Thanks everybody for all the responses!  It is much appreciated.

We did try Dollar Tree which were not bad shirts, probably better than the Hanes undershirts, but the stores all had only 1 or 2 white ones so we couldn't do a one stop shop.  Dollar Tree was going to be my go to!

Next time, check out their online bulk ordering, 24 may just be their minimum! Also, in the past, we've also used boy's undershirts, but they tend to be thinner.

We spoke with Dollar Tree store manager and they said they could not request any orders but gave us the corporate number to contact for bulk ordering.  The corporate department did not have the ability to order shirts.  It was worth a try but they couldn't do it.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017