• filter:

Nintendo Discontinuing the NES Classic Mini Edition

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Due to high demand, this product will be discontinued.

rated:
Can someone explain the logic of this to me? If sales were poor, I could get it. But I was under the impression that stores could not keep these on the shelf.

rated:
I've been trying to get a Nintendo mini for awhile now and hearing this disappoints me. I understand being sold out during launch and a couple of months afterwards but it's been 6 months and I still cannot find it without spending over double the price.

rated:
wizardking said:   Can someone explain the logic of this to me? If sales were poor, I could get it. But I was under the impression that stores could not keep these on the shelf.
nintendo needs to be investigated by congress. their new product offering is always out of stock in stores. why is that?
i get it that the demand was high (probably half of 'em opportunistic resellers) but c'mon. thought the japanese were all about manufacturing efficiency. but this happens every time that i think it's intentional. if i were the ceo i'd fire a bunch of executives for poor sales forecasting.

if the nintendo switch is still out of stock in two weeks, i am no longer buying it. i lost my appetite. 

rated:
The nintendo classic was simply a small computer solution running an emulator that a Chinese manufacturer came to nintendo with and could not maintain the manufacturing for what ever reason, maybe to much cost, maybe fabrication issues.

rated:
jeffmd said:   The nintendo classic was simply a small computer solution running an emulator that a Chinese manufacturer came to nintendo with and could not maintain the manufacturing for what ever reason, maybe to much cost, maybe fabrication issues.
  Too bad there was only 1 manufacturer in all of china who could produce such a complex product.

rated:
BananaQ said:   nintendo needs to be investigated by congress.
  Yup - every time I do not like something but it is legal and inconsequential in the whole scheme of things, congress should spend their time investigating it.

rated:
Due to high demand, this product will now be resold for $1000.

rated:
wizardking said:   
jeffmd said:   The nintendo classic was simply a small computer solution running an emulator that a Chinese manufacturer came to nintendo with and could not maintain the manufacturing for what ever reason, maybe to much cost, maybe fabrication issues.
  Too bad there was only 1 manufacturer in all of china who could produce such a complex product.

The rest are to busy producing galaxy s8 knockoffs.

rated:
this is exactly why I refuse to buy any nintendo products

rated:
Has anyone heard anything about if it will be in stock online too? Or is this only for in-store stock?

rated:
Coming Christmas 2017!  The Mini SNES.  Probably with the same limited production runs.

rated:
amazonshopper said:   Has anyone heard anything about if it will be in stock online too? Or is this only for in-store stock?

The discontinuation applies to both. I've seen them online once for about 5 seconds since this announcement. Anyone still trying to get one is probably going to have to wait in line and beat other people to it.

rated:
holiday42 said:   Due to high demand, this product will be discontinued.
In fact, that's exactly what Nintendo is saying:
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2017/05/nintendo-figured-2-3-million-nes-classics-was-enough-it-wasnt/
ArsTechnica said: NOA President pleads the company doesn't have "unlimited resources."

rated:
The only thing that would make sense here is that there was some sort of production complication or licensing disagreement.

So much missed potential here. Especially for a 30 year old discontinued product. This would still easily sell at $99. It could have had expandable memory and downloadable paid games. Nintendo could even make new 8-bit games.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017