RingPlus Presents - SpeedTalk Mobile Promos!

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
I just got this email yesterday w/ the above titled subject line.

I don't know about you guys but I had 6 phones on the free service of R+ that I had to transfer over to FreedomPop. I'm done w/ R+ even if they have free service, which this email is not about.

link

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I have been burnt once with RingPlus. That was enough for me. FreedomPop works great for me. I use Google HangOuts on it so I get unlimited talk and text. I do not use my phone as TV or radio (i.e. no streaming), so 1 GB/month is enough for what I use my mobile phone for (WhatsApp etc.) I have four lines with FreedomPop to cover my family, and I pay $0/month!

ablang said:   I just got this email yesterday w/ the above titled subject line.

I don't know about you guys but I had 6 phones on the free service of R+ that I had to transfer over to FreedomPop. I'm done w/ R+ even if they have free service, which this email is not about.

link

Ditto on the sentiment.  I don't know whether to give this red for a crap product or green for saying it's crap....

I had never heard of SpeedTalk, and I could imagine why!

FWIW, from the discussion, Ring+ is allowing posts about deals offered by other MVNOs like SpeedTalk to be posted in the Ring+ forum, but Ring+ is not in any way involved in providing the offered MVNO services.

Speedtalk is crap. I've used them for 2 months and ported out. They can't explain how I used up my minutes when their online record clearly do not show I've used it up. Either admit to their error or their call record online is incorrect.

Advertising on a failed cell companies board, months after the porting out, seems like a bad idea. Why would you want to associate your name with the customer's memory of being burnt?

shallot said:   Speedtalk is crap. I've used them for 2 months and ported out. They can't explain how I used up my minutes when their online record clearly do not show I've used it up. Either admit to their error or their call record online is incorrect.

Having using SpeedTalk Mobile for a couple of months there is definitely a use case; for a phone which doesn't get a lot of usage $5/mo. (or $3/mo. with the promo) is a decent enough deal - especially when the phone doesn't connect via AT&T's legacy network (i.e. needs a T-Mobile MVNO) & uses data (which, with respect to prepaid service, is a "beggars can't be choosers" kind of market these days).

Just another anecdote, for what it's worth; not intending to argue or refute your claim (in fact my recharge this month failed 'cause the source of the billing changed & the credit card issuer flagged the charge - so their office might not be so administratively adept)...

Can you use the old SIM cards from RP+ with FreedomPop?

how does r+ still stay in business, didn't Sprint cut it off?

wizardking said:   Advertising on a failed cell companies board, months after the porting out, seems like a bad idea. Why would you want to associate your name with the customer's memory of being burnt?
  Because present Hofo company excepted, people are stupid.

zapjb said:   
wizardking said:   Advertising on a failed cell companies board, months after the porting out, seems like a bad idea. Why would you want to associate your name with the customer's memory of being burnt?
  Because present Hofo company accepted, people are stupid.

Um... it's "excepted."

Done with R+. No deals from them will be considered deals.

love4money said:   I have been burnt once with RingPlus. That was enough for me. FreedomPop works great for me. I use Google HangOuts on it so I get unlimited talk and text. I do not use my phone as TV or radio (i.e. no streaming), so 1 GB/month is enough for what I use my mobile phone for (WhatsApp etc.) I have four lines with FreedomPop to cover my family, and I pay $0/month!
How do you get 1 GB/month with FP?

SpeedTalk is showing everyone that they have poor business sense by associating themselves with RingPlus.

marcopolomle said:   
love4money said:   I have been burnt once with RingPlus. That was enough for me. FreedomPop works great for me. I use Google HangOuts on it so I get unlimited talk and text. I do not use my phone as TV or radio (i.e. no streaming), so 1 GB/month is enough for what I use my mobile phone for (WhatsApp etc.) I have four lines with FreedomPop to cover my family, and I pay $0/month!
How do you get 1 GB/month with FP?

By adding at least 10 FreedomPop Friends (see the FreedomPop Friends post on FW to find FreedomPop Friends to connect) the maximum amount of free data that one can earn every month is 500 mb, For SIM cards that use AT&T network, the free data that comes with the Basic plan is 200 mb, so the max that one can reach is 700 mb by adding 10 FreedomPop Friends For all non-SIM accounts the TOTAL after max earned is 1000 mb*.)

*500 mb free + 500 mb from friends (50 mb x 10 friends) = 1000 mb (almost 1 GB).

And don't forget the data sharing feature that FreedomPop offers (if you have multiple accounts, you can share data with a limit of 500 mb received per account per month). This would essentially allow you to go over 1000 mb, if need be.

"fool me once ............................................"

rsuaver said:   Can you use the old SIM cards from RP+ with FreedomPop
  I did but I brought my own SIM to R+.  I recommend you go through the signup process and see if the SIM is accepted.  They will check the ICCID of the SIM.  $0.99 activation right now.

https://www.freedompop.com/byodpromo8?ftm_source=google&ftm_medi...

Karls hit a new "low"...beware of FreedomPop..they have more tricks to use to bill your CC than R+ had flash sales...it depends on what your definition of " free is "

trumpotron said:   Karls hit a new "low"...beware of FreedomPop. .they have more tricks to use to bill your CC than R+ had flash sales...it depends on what your definition of " free is "
  Just "pay attention" (instead of "paying bills") to your account(s) on-line. If and when you see a surprise charge, send an e-mail to FreedomPop at FreedomPop@mailmw.custhelp.com and lodge a complaint, and also them that you will involve your credit card company to dispute unless they revert the charges. Bingo! However, so far I have not seen any surprise charges, because I have been quick to cancel all special services and higher level plan they automatically start you with. I actually downgrade my plan and cancel the Premium service, voicemail etc on the same day I activate a new line.

Another issue with Speedtalk, all calls, inbound or outbound, is counted against you even if it goes to VM. I've made test calls where I simply let it ring once or twice then hang up and was charged for the 1 min. of usage.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017