Waste King disposal recall

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:
Greetings from Amazon.com.

We have learned of a potential safety issue that may impact product(s) you purchased through the Amazon.com website:

Waste King Legend Series 1.0-Horsepower Continuous-Feed Garbage Disposal - (L-8000)

More details, including how to determine if your purchase is impacted and what you should do next can be found in the following notification:

https://www.cpsc.gov/Recalls/2017/Anaheim-and-Moen-Recall-Garbag...

If you made this purchase for someone else, please notify the recipient immediately and provide them with the information concerning these issues.

We regret any inconvenience this may cause, but trust you will understand that the safety and satisfaction of our customers is our highest priority.

Thanks for shopping at Amazon.com.

Sincerely,

Customer Service

Amazon.com

www.amazon.com

Member Summary
Recall on line file claim - serial number required

Consumer Product Safety Agency version -Anaheim and Moen Recall Garbage Disposals Due to Impact Hazard

Cut and paste from recall link

Recall SummaryName of product:Garbage disposalsHazard:A metal component inside the disposal can break off and come out of the disposal during use, posing an impact hazard.Remedy:Consumer Contact:Anaheim Manufacturing at 800-628-0797 from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. ET Monday through Friday or online at www.anaheimmfg.com and click on “Product Recalls” for more information. 

Units:About 146,000 (in addition, 2,700 were sold in Canada)Description:This recall involves 3/4 and 1 horsepower disposals. Recalled brands, model numbers and serial numbers are listed below. The disposal housings were sold in silver, gray, black and blue and have the brand name printed on them. The brand name, model number and serial number are printed on a label on the bottom or side of the disposals. 

Brand Model No. Model No. Location Description Serial No. (starting with)
Barracuda 681-4001 Side 3/4 HP Disposer 1L5, 1M5, or 1A6
Franke FWD75BR Bottom 3/4 HP Batch Feed Waste Disposer 1M5, or “6” in the third position
FWD75R Bottom 3/4 HP Waste Disposer
FWD100R Bottom 1 HP Waste Disposer
Frigidaire FGDI753DMS Side Gallery 3/4 HP Waste Disposer ZF, or “G” in the second position
FPDI103DMS Side Professional 1 HP Waste Disposer
FPDI758DMS Side Professional 3/4 HP Waste Disposer
Gemline GLCD300SS Side Emerald 3/4 HP Disposal 1L5
Kenmore 587-70351E Bottom 3/4 HP Disposal ZF, AH, or “G” in the second position
587-70361E Bottom 3/4 HP Deluxe Garbage Disposal
587-70413E Bottom 1 HP Garbage Disposal
Kitcheneater KE1CORD Side 1 HP Garbage Disposal 1A7, or “6” in the third position
KE34CORD Side 3/4 HP Garbage Disposal
Luxart LXFIN1C Side Finale 1 HP Garbage Disposer 1M5, 1A7, or “6” in the third position
LXFIN34C Side Finale 3/4 HP Garbage Disposer
Moen GX75C Bottom GX Series 3/4HP Garbage Disposal 1M5, or “6” in the third position
GX100C Bottom GX Series 1HP Garbage Disposal
GXL1000C Bottom GX Series Luxe 1HP Garbage Disposal
Stream33 S33WC1WC Side 1 HP Garbage Disposal 1L5
Waste King 9980 Bottom Legend Series 1HP 3 Bolt Mount Garbage Disposer 1L5, 1M5, 1A7, or “6” in the third position
9980TC Bottom Legend Series 1HP Batch Feed 3-Bolt Mount Garbage Disposer
L-8000 Bottom Legend Series 1HP EZ Mount Garbage Disposer
L-8000TC Bottom Legend Series 1HP Batch Feed EZ Mount Garbage Disposer
9950 Bottom Legend Series 3/4HP 3 Bolt Mount Garbage Disposer
9900TC Bottom Legend Series 3/4HP Batch Feed 3 Bolt Mount Garbage Disposer
L-3300 Bottom Legend Series 3/4HP EZ Mount Garbage Disposer
L-5000TC Bottom Legend Series 3/4HP Batch Feed EZ Mount Garbage Disposer
A1SPC Bottom Knight Series 1 HP Garbage Disposer
PM3SL-3BMT Bottom  Plain 3/4 HP 3-Bolt Mount Garbage Disposer
PM4SL-3BMT Bottom Plain 1 HP 3-Bolt Mount Garbage Disposer
FDL-3300 Bottom Legend Series 3/4HP EZ Mount Garbage Disposer
FDL-8000 Bottom Legend Series 1HP EZ Mount Garbage Disposer

Incidents/Injuries:The firms have received 22 reports of a metal component coming out of a disposal, including three reports of a broken component hitting consumers. No injuries have been reported.

Remedy:Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled garbage disposals and contact Anaheim Manufacturing to arrange for a free replacement disposal to be installed at no cost to the consumer.

Sold At:Best Buy, HD Supply,Menards, and plumbing supply stores nationwide and online at Amazon. com, Costco.com, HomeDepot.com, WalMart. com and other websites from December 2015 through  March 2017 for between $80 and $370 for ¾ horsepower models and $100 and $450 for 1 horsepower models.

Importer(s):Anaheim Manufacturing Co. and Moen Inc., of North Olmsted, Ohio

Manufactured In:China 
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I also got the email for the Waste King L-8000 model I bought for a friend.  They will replace it in your home at no cost:

Remedy:Consumers should immediately stop using the recalled garbage disposals and contact Anaheim Manufacturing to arrange for a free replacement disposal to be installed at no cost to the consumer. 

Neat, moved to deal discussions so no one will see it. I mean, it's only a safety issue. 

*sigh

and now we know why they were marking them all down.

just to note before you call, you need your serial number

what is the replacement type/model?

the recall is serial number specific (as stated in the above list in the wiki)

Bummer!
I'm lucky, just checked my serial number and it is not included in the list.
Thanks for posting this to fatwallet.

bought one back in '08 for my parents, thanks for the heads up, forwarded it to they to check their serial.

skarydrunkguy said:   bought one back in '08 for my parents, thanks for the heads up, forwarded it to they to check their serial.
  "Sold ... from December 2015 through March 2017."

Connman said:   
skarydrunkguy said:   bought one back in '08 for my parents, thanks for the heads up, forwarded it to they to check their serial.
  "Sold ... from December 2015 through March 2017."

Waste King:   It seems as if the number following the letter indicates the year of manufacture - 1G6-xxxxxxxx.  So, unless that's a 5, 6 or 7 it's not included.  Mine is 1H2 (2012 - also the year of purchase) so it's not part of the recall.

Thanks for the excellent post OP. I am lucky, too mine is not included in the recall.

Thanks for the post. I have not used mine very much. It turns out that mine is one on the list. I filled out the on line form. A few days later, they acknowledged it is subject to the recall. I have received a $0.00 invoice for the replacement unit of the same model. I have received a separate email advising me the unit is covered by the recall and indicating the local installer, they have made arrangements with to come in an make the physical swap. They are supplying a FedEx return label for the recalled unit.

This has been such a pain in the rear. #1, cost to install was $170 and they only reimburse $150, PLUS had to pay almost $10 at fedex because they wouldn't take packaging WASTEKING sent me ugh!!

danceteammom said:   This has been such a pain in the rear. #1, cost to install was $170 and they only reimburse $150, PLUS had to pay almost $10 at fedex because they wouldn't take packaging WASTEKING sent me ugh!!
  I would take them to small claims for the entire amount because but for the disposal's recall, you wouldn't have incurred these extra fees.

I was just notified by FEDEX that my replacement unit was shipped overnight and expected to arrive later today.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017