• filter:

Looking for cheaper allergy med for my dog - Apoquil

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Hi Everyone,

My dog's daily med is super pricey.  I pay $2/pill, that's $730 per year. If you know of a cheaper alternative, I would love to hear from you. thank you!

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
You can use Benadryl at 10 mg per 10 lbs. It may make them drowsy though. Google it.  I read about Claritin too but Benadryl was more frequently mentioned.

rated:
Benadryl my work, but it'll make him super drowsy. Feel free to have it consulted before you can start medicating your pup with it. Also, humans, cats and dogs, despite being a mammal, often react differently to different medicine. for instance, paracetamol can kill cats, gruesomely! so again, please do soe research first on benadryl for dogs and discuss it with a vet, online or offline.

rated:
If there is a Costco near you, they stock pet meds in the Pharmacy. 
Not sure what dosage you are buying so I wasn't able to compare the price to your $2/pill price. 

Here is a source from GoodRX 
Apoquel 

rated:
Mexico. I use Revolution for my 2 dogs. I keep my dogs on Revolution all year long as we are always in warm to very very warm climate. I buy Revolution for dogs in Mexico at almost 1/2 the cost of buying it in the USA. Exactly the same medicine, except on the box is printed "Hecho en Mexico". And no Rx is required (unlike the USA). Exchange rate is VERY STRONG in Mexico. About 18 pesos to the US dollar.

Next time I cross, I'll get a price for Apoquil & will send you the price via PM.

rated:
If your dog's not big enough to need the 16mg pill & your buying a smaller mg pill, if you get the 16mg pills & a pill cutter, you could save about 50 - 75% per pill.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017