• filter:

STAPLES: Likely Change to POS system, will accept only ONE Paper Q per transaction on Lim4 Rebate Paper

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Both myself and other posters encountered this since yesterday.

Cashier can only scan one coupon per transaction into the system on 1c ar paper deals (Ream confirmed, sure it will apply to 5 and 10 case paper deals too (ie $1 ar 5 ream offers)

BE AWARE how it will affect your rewards spending, obviously, with only one balance coupon allowed on partial redemption, you can't cash out rewards on rebate ream paper as easily (or at all in some situations if you don't want to 'eat' the balance)

Member Summary
1) Can't cash out rewards easily since you only get one balance coupon.

2) If they let you buy 4, in 4 orders, you have to enter 4 rebates ONE REBATE AT A TIME, and get back 4 rebate Visa Cards..3) This will really hurt rewards monetizing for many 
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Curses! I was making money selling the paper to a local business. If it's only one coupon per transaction that basically kills the economics of it counting the cost of getting there.

Can we do multiple transactions?

rated:
I had this issue last Thursday.

I think it is dumb as it will cost more to process 4 rebates.

But then it seems lately Staples is doing all in it's power to chase away customers.

rated:
LorenPechtel said:   Curses! I was making money selling the paper to a local business. If it's only one coupon per transaction that basically kills the economics of it counting the cost of getting there.

Can we do multiple transactions?

Yes, but YMMV. if a long line, you look like an ogre ringing up 4 reams, one at a time. or cashier/manager can just tell you no.  no question, CURSES! not good news for many FW'ers.

rated:
ctslive said:   I had this issue last Thursday.

But then it seems lately Staples is doing all in it's power to chase away customers.

And its doing so very successfully (chasing away its customers). There were several more B$M stores closed in our area recently. What Staples fails to realize is deal seekers like us have been tooting our horns to other businesses about what a great place Staples is to shop. Therefore bringing in business to Staples. I've directed some Gas companies to them myself. But recently I've been giving a shout out to them (other businesses ) about how Amazon and other places are really the better place to shop now as I feel Staples dramatically changed policies has set a train wreck for Staples in motion,  I hope Staples realizes the value of deal seekers like us before its to late.

rated:
Imjusthappytobehere said:   

But then it seems lately Staples is doing all in it's power to chase away customers.

And its doing so very successfully (chasing away its customers). There were several more B$M stores closed in our area recently. What Staples fails to realize is deal seekers like us have been tooting our horns to other businesses about what a great place Staples is to shop. Therefore bringing in business to Staples. I've directed some Gas companies to them myself. But recently I've been giving a shout out to them (other businesses ) about how Amazon and other places are really the better place to shop now as I feel Staples dramatically changed policies has set a train wreck for Staples in motion,  I hope Staples realizes the value of deal seekers like us before its to late.

You do know the difference between a deal shopper and being a reseller, right? Well so does Staples and they've put in place purchasing limits in order to limit loss.

rated:
AniGrumpy said:   

You do know the difference between a deal shopper and being a reseller, right? Well so does Staples and they've put in place purchasing limits in order to limit loss.

I've never sold the first speck of any thing I've purchased from Staples and you've kinda made an axx of your self by implying so. But I do know that my local b&m & Staples.com just lost a very large account courtesy of yours truly about 2 weeks ago. You have no ideal who I am or who my family members are and the influence we have on local and even distance businesses .  

rated:
AniGrumpy said:   

You do know the difference between a deal shopper and being a reseller, right? Well so does Staples and they've put in place purchasing limits in order to limit loss.

Most can still get four by doing four orders, so your "placing limits in order to limit loss" doesn't hold water.  The only real people it hurts are people trying to monetize rewards and often times those rebates get re-spent at Staples on more merchandise. People putting up their own OOP money just want to get back what they already put out for the paper, so it really does nothing to help Staples retain customers. 

You know the difference between a helpful post and an unhelpful post, right? 

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:    

Most can still get four by doing four orders, so your "placing limits in order to limit loss" doesn't hold water.  The only real people it hurts are people trying to monetize rewards and often times those rebates get re-spent at Staples on more merchandise. People putting up their own OOP money just want to get back what they already put out for the paper, so it really does nothing to help Staples retain customers. 

The thing is Staples doesn't want us as customers.

rated:
LorenPechtel said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:    

Most can still get four by doing four orders, so your "placing limits in order to limit loss" doesn't hold water.  The only real people it hurts are people trying to monetize rewards and often times those rebates get re-spent at Staples on more merchandise. People putting up their own OOP money just want to get back what they already put out for the paper, so it really does nothing to help Staples retain customers. 

The thing is Staples doesn't want us as customers.

I think it is more that Staples doesn't want customers, at all.........................

rated:
Anyone notice problems submitting rebates when you used expired coupon?

rated:
roborankfrank said:   Anyone notice problems submitting rebates when you used expired coupon?

no, there is no relationship between a coupon used at the store and submitting a rebate whatsoever...ever.

rated:
Hmm, rebate form, correct number, shows not eligible for rebates.

rated:
roborankfrank said:   Hmm, rebate form, correct number, shows not eligible for rebates.

I chatted with support, they said they're experiencing technical issues with this week's rebates and to try again in a couple of days.

rated:
roborankfrank said:   Hmm, rebate form, correct number, shows not eligible for rebates.
  Have you tried it again?  I believe that it was a MAIL-IN only rebate up until Wed, on the StaplesEasyRebates site.  I was getting ready to fill out all the paper forms and looked again yesterday and it was now available of the EasyRebate submission.  Went thru just fine.

rated:
MISTERCHEAP said:   
LorenPechtel said:   
MISTERCHEAP said:    

The thing is Staples doesn't want us as customers.

I think it is more that Staples doesn't want customers, at all.........................

Perhaps they are data mining our purchases, rewards and rebates to determine which customers don't add to their bottom line.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017