• Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Google News: https://www.google.com/search?q=Informed+Delivery&tbm=nws 

You probably know about the following services for packages already:

FedEx Delivery Manager: https://www.fedex.com/us/delivery/ 
UPS My Choice: https://wwwapps.ups.com/mcdp?loc=en_US 
My USPS: https://my.usps.com 

You can see both My USPS and Informed Delivery under the same USPS login.  After signing into usps.com:
- My USPS (https://my.usps.com) now shows tabs for mail.
- Under "Hi, <your name>", My Profile, Preferences, both are under Account Management.  (For each service, you check "I certify to the United States Postal Service that I am entitled to receive this service at the address shown below".)

Member Summary

usps (11.27kB)
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Pretty good results for my previews.
The interesting thing is it shows only 1 of something if I get 4-8 of the same item.... (more)

LORENW (Jul. 03, 2017 @ 5:13p) |

There is no charge for this Informed Delivery service, right?

MrVietnam (Jul. 03, 2017 @ 5:29p) |

It is your favorite price, ZERO....

LORENW (Jul. 03, 2017 @ 7:00p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
thank you v much , OP!
I was not even aware of this service.. signed up.

rated:
Except FedEx delivery manager wants to verify your information with public records but do a poor job. Looks like the system (or company) they use only matches name and city and gives you wrong data.

rated:
Thanks OP, never saw anything about this until your post and I just signed up.

rated:
Thanks - never heard of this service but what a great idea. Just signed up. I was a little put off that they had to pull my credit report to verify my identity (WTF?), would rather have just done that in person had I known...

rated:
If you have a USPS account already, you can login using that.

rated:
I have a usps account and I log in and sign up for the morning email, how do I get my wifes name added to the account?

There was only a place for one name in the sign up and verify process. Don't even tell me they need to have 2 accounts for that.

rated:
When I logged in, it presented my address and I confirmed it. I think it will tell you about all mail regardless of name but I might be mistaken.

rated:
gremln007 said:   If you have a USPS account already, you can login using that.
  I did have an account and I used it, but it was tired to my PO Box not my street address.  It required a street address, so when I added that, they pulled my credit report and asked me questions about it ("Which one of these was your employer?"  "Which one of these companies gave you a loan in 2012?").  I prefer not having my credit report pulled unnecessarily but wasn't given the choice.

rated:
LORENW said:   I have a usps account and I log in and sign up for the morning email, how do I get my wifes name added to the account?I have a USPS account in my name and receive notification for mail with my name, my daughter's name, my cat's name, resident, etc. (i.e., any mail that has my address).

rated:
Cool. Now, let's move on to getting the correct mail.

rated:
Seems a privacy issue, at least in that your email provider will learn about your mail.

rated:
Forget about the email provider, imaging when you move to a new address and the previous owner can see each and every mail you received

rated:
https://realmail.usps.com/box/pages/secure/HomeAction_input.acti...

I'm getting

Informed Delivery™ Mailbox
Arriving Soon via USPS® Mail

There are no reported deliveries for this day.

rated:
This service is pretty cool. I signed up a few weeks ago. It didn't show anything for the first week and I thought it was borked. So don't freak out if it takes a while to start working.

It's very Handy for me, it lets me know if an important letter, check, etc. is in the mailbox. Especially helpful if I'm out of town, I can monitor the mailbox and only bother a friend to pick it up when something important is there.

Note it only shows "letter size" mail. But it's been accurate for me so far. You can receive daily emails in the morning (check your spam folder), or just check on the website.

rated:
Would love this, but it isn't yet available for my Manhattan PO Box. I would think that would be one of the first to get this service.

rated:
Pretty cool. Signed up yesterday - have images in my mailbox this morning.

rated:
Started working the next day for me. My PO box is not supported yet either. I wonder if PO boxes are not yet supported.

rated:
NoMoneyInMyWallet said:   
LORENW said:   I have a usps account and I log in and sign up for the morning email, how do I get my wifes name added to the account?
I have a USPS account in my name and receive notification for mail with my name, my daughter's name, my cat's name, resident, etc. (i.e., any mail that has my address).

Great, my cats do get mail almost every week

rated:

rated:
Excellent! Thank you very much. My location has this option available, and it was a very easy process since I was already registered with USPS.

rated:
gremln007 said:   Started working the next day for me. My PO box is not supported yet either. I wonder if PO boxes are not yet supported.
  PO Boxes are in fact supported. Check the map!

rated:
Awesome info, thanks OP!

NOW, since I can see what's going to be delivered, it's not that much further for me to swipe left or click a box and mark the mail as junk from within the e-mail, right? How quickly could we have junk returned to sender? Before it's even delivered! I vote for "Informed REfusal" service.

rated:
I received an email from the USPS a few years ago offereing me this service (It was a click through to accept that you want it, no link I could post for people to sign up).  It seems to provide scans of most mail up to a certain size (Readers Digest size mail including magazines and ads, yes.  Regular size magazines and larger, like 8'X11' envelopes, no.).  It seems that the emails have become spotty very recently, sometimes no email received, but mail received, sometimes a bunch of things that fall within the ordinarily included mail size, like regaular envelopes, not included in the email.  But it's still useful, especially if you're away.

rated:
Signed up Tuesday, got a picture of a piece of junk mail today.

rated:
I also signed up Tuesday and got photos this am,
It does work for all at our address, my wife is the Condo Treasure, a letter addressed to the Condo Assn was pictured, as was two for me, 2 for her, and of course Iams sent Fuzzy <cat> a postcard coupon

Nothing worth the long walk, in the rain, so we will see if 2morrow brings something of value

rated:
Just remember the service is not perfect. Yesterday, there was a lizard in my mailbox, but it didn't show up in the photos at all!

rated:
AlwaysWrite said:   Just remember the service is not perfect. Yesterday, there was a lizard in my mailbox, but it didn't show up in the photos at all!

Lizards are not regular size mail.  Of course it didn't show up!

rated:
I had to go to the Post Office last week to do an in-person verification.

Now when I login to MyUSPS website or the iOS app, it shows my identity has been successfully verified but what happens next? I am unable to see my packages on the website or the app. I have also not received any email since the verification was completed last week.

rated:
neilh said:   I had to go to the Post Office last week to do an in-person verification.

Now when I login to MyUSPS website or the iOS app, it shows my identity has been successfully verified but what happens next? I am unable to see my packages on the website or the app. I have also not received any email since the verification was completed last week.

Give it a week or so and you'll start receiving them. It might take longer in your case since you required an in-person verification.

rated:
This thing is so cool and now you can do something about any lost mail.
Before it was not possible to know if you lost any mail being an unknown unknown (or was it a known unknown?).

rated:
marcopolomle said:   This thing is so cool and now you can do something about any lost mail.
Before it was not possible to know if you lost any mail being an unknown unknown (or was it a known unknown?).

PerhapsWe live in a 16 condo complex with one common lock-box mailboxThe route carriers are constantly getting the mail in the incorrect boxes, we complained about 5 times to the postmaster and we never got it solved. I get at least 3-5 pieces of other people mail every week in my box, and other members seem to show up at my door at least weekly with some of mine.

rated:
I've had this service for a few months and it usually works well. I have had my mail go to neighbor's mailboxes in the past so this service is nice to see if an important piece of mail is on the way.

rated:
bobbybore said:   I've had this service for a few months and it usually works well. I have had my mail go to neighbor's mailboxes in the past so this service is nice to see if an important piece of mail is on the way.
Only problem is that you only get the images of the regular sized envelops and not the larger one's.For example, in today's mail I got important documents in 9"x 12" envelops but only got the scans of #10 mail. 

rated:
Only after subscribing to this service I am getting to know how much mail is not being delivered to me.
Last week I did not get three important mail pieces including my CHEXsystems score report.
Fridays are worse as the regular mail carrier does not deliver mot of the mail on purpose but leave it for the Saturday delivery person.
Good thing is that you can tell them the mail you did not receive by signing into your dashboard and the postal inspectors will investigate.

rated:
I've been using the Informed Delivery service for a few years now. It's very convenient and it's about time they roll it out to more zip codes. You can view the day's mail as an email attachment or logon and view the last two weeks on a web page. Note that many magazines and bulk mail are not included. 

I am also enrolled with USPS's package delivery alerts that let you know when a package is on the way and where it was last seen. (Not as good as Fedex/UPS, but has gotten much more reliable in recent years).

The strange thing is that international packages always appear with no warning from either Informed Delivery or the package alerts, even if they will be signature required. It sure would be nice to know in advance when to have someone home to sign.

rated:
Now I am getting this message very often "A mailpiece for which we do not currently have an image is included in today’s mail"
What's the point of this service if they can't have an image ?

It appears that now after subscribing to this service I am missing my mail more often.
Could it be that my mail carrier been doing it on purpose as I have been regularly reporting my missing mail through this service ?

rated:
marcopolomle said:   Now I am getting this message very often "A mailpiece for which we do not currently have an image is included in today’s mail"
What's the point of this service if they can't have an image ?

It appears that now after subscribing to this service I am missing my mail more often.
Could it be that my mail carrier been doing it on purpose as I have been regularly reporting my missing mail through this service ?

In my case the mail carriers are just plain inept, they just drop it off anywhere
I get at least 2-3 pieces a week of others mail, I can only imagine where some of ours has ended up
They also leave boxes outside in the rain, and we have a 16 user condo lock box for the mail, with two huge lockers for boxes, but that must be too much trouble to figure out

rated:
Thanks, OP!  Absolutely love this and have told countless others about it. Fatwallet is the best!

Skipping 4 Messages...
rated:
MrVietnam said:   There is no charge for this Informed Delivery service, right?
  It is your favorite price, ZERO....

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017