• filter:

Subway ripoff

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Subway is apparently changing its reward system; currently you can get a 12" sandwich if you have 75 points on your card. As best as I can determine, in the future if you have 200 points you will get a $2.00 coupon. Assuming I'm reading their email correctly, you would be a fool to keep Subway points. Use them up before they become, basically, worthless.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
So that makes it a 'ripoff'?

And your subway has points? My local California ones don't.

rated:
I thought this was going to be about riding the rail.

rated:
They have a reward program?!

rated:
ZenNUTS said:   They have a reward program?!
Sounds like a punishment program.  

rated:
This summer don't try to earn any points in the Vacationland State. No Subways in that state participate in rewards.

forbin4040 said:   So that makes it a 'ripoff'?

And your subway has points? My local California ones don't.

rated:
You're exactly right. The original (old) program accrued 1 point per dollar: APPROX $0.08 TO $0.10 in rewards PER DOLLAR SPENT IN STORES with the best conversion for a footlong sub OR salad at only 75 points. •10 Points = 1 Cookie
•15 Points = 1 Bag of Chips
•20 Points = 21 oz. Drink
•35 Points = Mini Sub
•50 Points = Regular 6” Sub or Wrap
•75 Points = Regular Foot-Long Sub or Salad
The NEW program accrues 4 TOKENS per dollar, & 200 POINTS= $2 CREDIT on rewards card, SO exactly $0.04 in rewards per dollar spent. They still have good food & prices, but the change in their rewards program looks like the games airlines played to devalue all of our hard-earned airline miles, points. Customer no service.....

rated:
Subway points

"We've made some exciting changes with you in mind"  LOL

rated:
MRDEAL said:   They still have good food & prices

We're talking about Subway, the "sandwich" shop.  Not sure who you're talking about.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017