• filter:

Staples Refund

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Be careful purchasing an item online at Staples.  I purchased a PC online for a client because the website said I could pick it up at the store in one hour.  When I got to the store, they said that the website automatically defaults to pick up item when delivered to the store instead of what I wanted and that the item would arrive in a week.  I needed the item the same day so instead of crediting my account, they said I would have to purchase another one and wait until the shipment was delivered to the store and that they would issue the refund then.  I couldn't argue because I needed the PC so I agreed.  BAD MOVE on my part.  The item was shipped to the store and when I contacted their support office they said that I would have to wait until the item was shipped back to the warehouse and that I would be credited then.  So far I've waited over three weeks and no refund although they keep telling me to have a nice day.  

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Cool story. One time I ordered some of those gloves for texting for my wife. I thought it would arrive in 1-2 days, like most staplez stuff. After several days I called and person said 10-14 days (or something like that). Sure enough, when I looked at the product, it indeed said 10-14 days. Moral of the story, if you want to avoid waiting, read.

rated:
What you are describing is the normal Staples policy. A store cannot refund alter or cancel a .com order that is enroute.  There is a wall of separation between the two.

rated:
Indeed, Staples' integration between their various units is much of a clusterfleck. They are trying to compete with Amazon, but have no clue of seamless.

You can default to a receipt OR an emailed doo-dad at the registers, but no option to do BOTH. If you return something which they emailed the receipt to you, it's a major hassle and might cost you your driver license into Retail Equation's deadly database in order to get your money back.

The online stuff is often drop-shipped from vendors. If it's something the store doesn't stock then it's a mess for them to take back. Even if they stock it in the store, the online receipt is like it's from Venus to the store system. Barely interoperable.

Staples has had years to get adjusted to this newfangled interweb thing, but although they brand everything the same and tell you it's "Easy," at times it's a trainwreck. If not for the recycling program and the hard working local clerks trying their best to give good service with one hand tied behind their backs I'd just do Amazon and be done with it.

rated:
I have found that what the online says a store has means nothing but is usually correct.
Online says no store stock, I go to the store and they have several....
I have also ordered on line to find out in 2 or 3 days they dont have it...
I buy instore and have to wait for the ordered one to arrive before returning it for credit.
But credit has always been if not the same day they got it the next and it shows on mastercard, Paypal in particular

rated:
Two guesses why Staples is in trouble financially lol. They should've been bankrupt years ago if it weren't for customers who let them off the hook for their idiotic policies. Carry on.

rated:
vrb747 said:   Two guesses why Staples is in trouble financially lol. They should've been bankrupt years ago if it weren't for customers who let them off the hook for their idiotic policies. Carry on.
  Staples is not in trouble financially. They ended the fourth quarter of 2016 with $100's Millions in liquidity. They are simply making less than previous years. Thus trimming off the parts draining profits.

rated:
AniGrumpy said:   vrb747 said:   Two guesses why Staples is in trouble financially lol. They should've been bankrupt years ago if it weren't for customers who let them off the hook for their idiotic policies. Carry on.
  Staples is not in trouble financially. They ended the fourth quarter of 2016 with $100's Millions in liquidity. They are simply making less than previous years. Thus trimming off the parts draining profits.

Lmao. EPS of negative 2.14

I guess we have different ideas about financial well being.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017