• filter:

Best way to buy Business class laptop in NYC

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Looking for cheapest way to purchase a business class laptop in NYC Metro area directly from store.  

Is BH Photo Video the cheapest location in NYC metro area?  Other local resellers seem to be very expensive with high markups.  Firms like Bestbuy specialize in lower end consumer grade products.  I know you can get anything online but I want to buy the laptop in the store locally for easier returns and service.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
B&H is probably your best bet if you want to buy in a physical store. That said, B&H doesn't accept returns of computers unless they're defective, and even then they don't guarantee your money back (might exchange or repair).

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/find/HelpCenter/ReturnExchange.jsp

If buying physically from a store is very important to you, I'd buy a Macbook at the Apple Store.

rated:
Buy a Dell online and ship? Is it a time issue?

rated:
Will just buy one from George Costanza and give him his first computer sale. After all, he is from NYC area.

Or Ill ship it using USPS and Newman and make a complaint it got damaged by USPS in transit. Oh the humanity.

rated:
"GREAT DEALS ON NEW AND REFURBISHED Lenovo PRODUCTS. FREE SHIPPING INCLUDED"

3 yr. warranty/insurance usually much less expensive than Dell add-on cost, too.

Lenovo outlet - laptops & desktops

rated:
Don't forget the Microsoft Store on 5th ave. Other than that B&H seems like only safe bet for actual business class LenovoDell and HP. If you don't mind a uber to brooklyn www.microcenter.com  is also good with selection of real laptops. Just be sure to stop at redhook for BBQ first

BH has not Dell XPS which while not business class is higher end model and has good rep for reliable this is $1600

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1301273-REG/dell_xps_15_9550_13333slv_xps_i7_6700hq_32gb_1tb_ssd_gtx960_windows_10_15_6_touch.html 

2.6 GHz Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad-Core
32GB DDR4 RAM | 1TB PCIe SSD
15.6" 3840 x 2160 Infinity Edge Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M (2GB GDDR5)
SD Media Card Reader
802.11ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi | Bluetooth 4.1
USB 3.0 | HDMI | Thunderbolt 3
Windows 10 Home (64-Bit)

rated:
deeder said:   Is BH Photo Video the cheapest location in NYC metro area? 

Possibly, but they are shit company.  I always avoid them.

rated:
Buy online, like everyone else. Avoid sales tax, get it cheaper.

rated:
Microcenter has a few retail locations in NYC.

rated:
flyingroach said:   Don't forget the Microsoft Store on 5th ave. Other than that B&H seems like only safe bet for actual business class LenovoDell and HP. If you don't mind a uber to brooklyn www.microcenter.com  is also good with selection of real laptops. Just be sure to stop at redhook for BBQ first

BH has not Dell XPS which while not business class is higher end model and has good rep for reliable this is $1600

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1301273-REG/dell_xps_15_9550_13333slv_xps_i7_6700hq_32gb_1tb_ssd_gtx960_windows_10_15_6_touch.html 

2.6 GHz Intel Core i7-6700HQ Quad-Core
32GB DDR4 RAM | 1TB PCIe SSD
15.6" 3840 x 2160 Infinity Edge Display
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M (2GB GDDR5)
SD Media Card Reader
802.11ac Dual-Band Wi-Fi | Bluetooth 4.1
USB 3.0 | HDMI | Thunderbolt 3
Windows 10 Home (64-Bit)

From a lifelong NY'er, this person gave you good advice.  The Microsoft Store is on Fifth Avenue somewhere around 53rd to 55th and on the same side of the street as Trump Tower just a couple blocks up the road, so the bonus is you get to see the protesters when they're there, just hope they don't steal or smash your new PC  because they are generally pissed off at the world. I don't know what kind of price you are going to get in there because it's a flagship store.   There are also Best Buy 's around, one on  fifth Avenue as well.

B&H is fine, but Micro Center probably has some of the best deals. Just see what is on sale.   There are a few Staples around as well and they sometimes have good prices as long as you check the sales flier for the week  and pick up a machine on sale.   Sometimes you can even find coupons online that can add to the savings.

For the privilege of buying in New York City, get ready to pay nearly 9% in sales tax.   

rated:
I've purchased a couple of laptops from MicroCenter including a HP ProBook without issue (although from their Paterson NJ store, 3.5% tax)

I think Adorama also sells computers if you want to go the camera store route.

rated:
If anybody works in any of these stores as a PC salesman, OP is your dream buyer. PM him now. We are talking Geeksquad coverage, accident protection warranty, Business class antivirus upgrade, the works...

Seriously, OP do your research by figuring out what you want and finding a laptop that matches your need. If you walk into a store and ask for a Business class laptop (not a cheap consumer grade, mind you), you will spend twice as much as need.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017