• filter:

BestBuy account glitch FYI

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I could not place an order with Best Buy using my account.  When trying to sign in my email address was "not on file" and there was no way to sign in.  All of the links inside the email receipt to my last order which should have worked to access information in my account history came up "expired" when I clicked on them.

I also realized I had stopped receiving Bestbuy promo emails.  It was like my account did not exist as a Bestbuy customer. 

So this week I called Best Buy 1-888-237-8289 and the CSR stopped me as I was explaining because she said they have a glitch in their system with some customers who have not used their account for 60 days, it becomes suspended and cannot be unlocked without calling.

It might be happening with very old accounts like mine that begin with zeroes, or maybe if the account was created under Best Buy Reward Zone Program rather than My Bestbuy Rewards or some other trigger.  She said logging in before 60 days should prevent this until the glitch is fixed.

If Rewards points are supposed to last longer than 60 days before they expire, but your account is removed from your access in only 60 days, than it would be easy to miss earning Rewards.

Member Summary
Staff Summary

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017