• filter:

Office Depot - a new reward program is coming July 2017

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Not many details here, but I've just received a usual coupon mailing from them, and that's what it says - a new rewards program, July 2017. 

Member Summary
=====

June Rewards that have been paid out so far:

Week of 06/01-06/03:
-- X-9 reams (???). Paid 07/15. No detail.

Week of 06/04-06/10:
-- X-9 reams. Paid 07/19 (dated 07/18).

Week of 06/11-06/17:
-- X-9 reams. Paid 07/19 (dated 07/18).

Week of 06/18-06/24:
-- Duracell batteries. Paid 07/15. No detail.
-- X-9 reams (???). Paid 07/15. No detail.

Week of 06/25-06/30:

Notes:

07/15: I received $37.96 in Rewards. These Rewards were made available without a line item in the Rewards Activity explaining where the Rewards came from. It's pretty clear that $27.96 of it came from the Duracell batteries. I'm not sure about the other $10 but I think $5 of it is from the X-9 reams from the week of 06/01-06/03 and $5 from the X-9 reams from the week of 06/18-06/24. UPDATE: I received a PM from a member that he received all of his Rewards for the X-9 reams for purchases in June thru 06/24 on 07/15 and did not receive any Rewards on 07/19.

07/19: I received $20.00 in Rewards. There are no issues with determining where these Rewards came from as Office Depot noted it in the "Rewards Activity" as a "Special Reward" dated 07/01 and in the details noted the payout as an "Adjustment for 6/4-6/17: $5 Back in Rewards on Boise X-9 Ream Paper (sku: 968627, 332063)".

=====

Office Depot Bonus Rewards Promotions for the week of 07/16/2017:

Office Depot OfficeMax Rewards: Boise POLARIS Premium Multipurpose Paper ream. Pay $6 Get back $5.99 in Rewards. Limit 3. 07/16/2017 - 07/22/2017.
-- https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1577362 

Office Depot OfficeMax Rewards: Copy Print paper 3 ream case, Pay $12 Get back $10 in rewards. Limit 2 per week. 07/09/2017 - 07/29/2017.
-- https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1575935 

Office Depot OfficeMax Rewards: Office Depot Copy & Print 5 ream case. Pay $23.99 Get back $20 in rewards. Limit 2 per week. 07/16/2017 - 07/29/2017.
-- https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1577363 

Office Depot OfficeMax Rewards: Boise POLARIS Premium Multipurpose Paper case. Pay $34.99 Get back $20 in Rewards. Limit 2 per week. 07/02/2017 - 07/29/2017.
-- https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1575060 

Office Depot OfficeMax Rewards: 100% back in Rewards on Office Depot Brand White Copy paper. Limit 2. 07/16/2017 - 07/22/2017. Online Only.
-- https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1577642 

For information or questions about the Office Depot OfficeMax Rewards program:

Office Depot - a new reward program is coming July 2017
-- https://www.fatwallet.com/forums/deal-discussion/1568509 

=====
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Posted it over at SD...

OD/OM is updating the Rewards program July 2017.
Got this in the mail (part of the coupon mailer).

Looks like the Big Change will be the elimination of the "Choice Member Benefits".(already in effect for new members after April 1 2017)

Also looks like they are implementing
Rewards Member Pricing •Rewards Member Pricing is an exclusive price on select items specifically for Office Depot OfficeMax Rewards members. In store, members must provide their member number or phone number at time of purchase. Online, members must be logged in to receive the Rewards Member Price.
•Coupons and Free Gift offers cannot be combined with Rewards Member item prices. If you present a coupon or if there is a free gift offer, we will do the math and calculate the better price. You will get the in-store price/free gift offer or your Rewards Member price, whichever is the lower price/better value.

ALL SUBJECT TO CHANGE can't find anything online about changes.
But here is current TOS with "changes" listed above.
http://www.officedepot.com/a/cont...condition/

rated:
Office Depot® OfficeMax® Rewards Everything: Rewards are earned on the price paid for an item or service before tax and after deducting all discounts, the value of free gifts and the value of any rewards and/or merchandise certificates/cards applied to that purchase. No rewards are earned on delivery fees. Rewards are paid out quarterly online only as a rewards certificate for the full value of rewards earned. Rewards certificates are redeemable for future purchases at Office Depot and OfficeMax stores, OfficeDepot.com, or by phone at 800-GO-DEPOT. Limit 1 account per household/business. Visit OfficeDepot.com/rewards or call 1-866-562-3872 for Terms and Conditions. 

VIP Rewards Member Benefit: Spend $500 within a 365 day period and become a VIP Member. Items returned will not contribute to the $500 requirement. VIP status will be effective 30 days after the required $500 in purchases are posted to your account. Members retain VIP Member benefits for the 12 months following their VIP benefit effective date. FREE Delivery: Within our local delivery areas on qualifying orders. Most furniture, oversized and special order items do not qualify. Non-qualifying orders incur a delivery charge (minimum charge of $9.95). Other restrictions apply. See OfficeDepot.com/delivery, call 800.GO.DEPOT or ask a store associate for details.

rated:
Just got the email, but couldn't get the picture to post:

2% back on everything, member-only savings, ALL REWARDS PAID OUT!!, Redeem rewards at check-out

rated:
Office Depot OfficeMax Rewards Everything - the new rewards program beginning 07/01/2017.

Standard Benefits:

• 2% back in rewards on everything. And we mean everything.
  • All rewards paid out. Whether you earn $100 or a penny, you get rewarded.
  • Member-only savings including Rewards Member Pricing and Bonus Rewards.
  • Redeem rewards instantly at checkout. In-store, at OfficeDepot.com and on the go.

VIP Benefits:

• 5% back in rewards on ink, toner, paper and print & copy services
  • Free delivery with no minimum purchase. (Most furniture, oversized and special order items excluded.)

Office Depot OfficeMax Rewards Everything: Rewards are earned on the price paid for an item or service before tax and after deducting all discounts, the value of free gifts and the value of any rewards and/or merchandise certificates/cards applied to that purchase. No rewards are earned on delivery fees. Rewards are paid out quarterly online only as a rewards certificate for the full value of rewards earned. Rewards certificates are redeemable for future purchases at Office Depot and OfficeMax stores, OfficeDepot.com, or by phone at 800-GO-DEPOT. Limit 1 account per household/business. Visit OfficeDepot.com /rewards or call 1-866-562-3872 for Terms and Conditions.

VIP Rewards Member Benefit: Spend $500 within a 365 day period and become a VIP Member. Items returned will not contribute to the $500 requirement. VIP status will be effective 30 days after the required $500 in purchases are posted to your account. Members retain VIP Member benefits for the 12 months following their VIP benefit effective date. FREE Delivery: Within our local delivery areas on qualifying orders. Most furniture, oversized and special order items do not qualify. Non-qualifying orders incur a delivery charge (minimum charge of $9.95). Other restrictions apply. See OfficeDepot.com /delivery, call 800.GO.DEPOT or ask a store associate for details.

ADDED 06.20.2017:

Received US Mail from OD, like a coupon mailing, stating "Congratulations! You've been instantly upgraded to a VIP member." I do have over $500 in qualified purchases in the past year.

ADDED 07.01.2017:

Office Depot OfficeMax Rewards Everything

Terms and Conditions: http://www.officedepot.com/cm/help/rewards-terms-and-conditions

FAQ: http://www.officedepot.com/a/content/loyalty/rewardsfaq/

rated:
wonder if the ink recycle program is changing, remaining, etc.

no mention of it......

rated:
OD closed the 4 local stores by me so I no longer shop there. Plus the manager's at the stores made price matching a hassle, even when following OD rules.

rated:
Received US Mail from OD, like a coupon mailing, stating "Congratulations! You've been instantly upgraded to a VIP member." I do have over $500 in qualified purchases in the past year.

rated:
ctslive said:   OD closed the 4 local stores by me so I no longer shop there. Plus the manager's at the stores made price matching a hassle, even when following OD rules.
  We lost one of our stores at Xmas time, the other 3 are easy as can be to pricematch
I do take a print out of the item along, almost always works right at register with no mgt intervention

rated:
Office Depot makes their program richer, Staples destroys theirs.. Just received confirmation effective 7/1- free shipping for all levels of rewards members is 49.99. Also received confirmation, rewards will only be accumulated in store. Verified via chat, but here's the list of "new benefits" from my premier account

As a Staples Premier Rewards® member, your benefits include:

5% back in rewards in store (excludes postage, phone/gift cards and savings passes)
Free next-day delivery on orders over $49.99 (placed by 5pm local time on Staples.com, excludes weekends and holidays, oversize items)
$2 back in rewards for each ink or toner cartridge you recycle (up to 20 per month). Minimum purchase requirements must be met.
$25 off Print & Marketing Services in store each year.
$20 off Tech Services in store each year.
Exclusive Premier Bonus events throughout the year

rated:

rated:
like that the new rewards program even gives you 2% back for purchases of Office Depot or Max and third party gift cards in addition to postage stamps (within the limits in the terms and conditions):

Members earn 2% back in rewards on everything. The following limits will apply: Members will receive 2% back in rewards on up to $200 dollars spent per quarter on 3rd party gift cards, on up to $50 spent per quarter on Office Depot® OfficeMax® gift cards and up to $75 dollars spent on U.S. postage stamps per quarter.

rated:
I made a $12 free delivery order this am, 7-2, to make my ink recycle good for the month. Still free ship for me, so far.

rated:
LORENW said:   I made a $12 free delivery order this am, 7-2, to make my ink recycle good for the month. Still free ship for me, so far.
Clicking on "Free Delivery on $9.99" brings up a page where it states the offer is good thru 07/01/2017. Maybe OD will extend it, maybe OD is waiting for after the fourth to change it, or ....

rated:
The Rewards Certificates from Bonus Rewards Promotions are made available not sometime after the end of the quarter but soon after the Bonus Rewards items ship.

The relevant section of the Terms and Conditions:
Bonus Rewards Promotions

• Periodically, Members can earn additional rewards on purchases of select products through bonus rewards promotions. Members are subject to the terms and conditions of each bonus rewards promotion.
  • Rewards for bonus rewards promotions are paid out the day after the purchase posts to a Member’s account as a reward certificate for the full value of rewards earned. All rewards can be redeemed in accordance with the "Rewards" Section above.

* - I added the underlining.

Attached are graphics of when my Rewards "Get My Rewards" updated for the pens and x-9 reams purchased on 07/01. I noticed that at least this time the Rewards for the x-9 reams updated in stages.

One aspect of the new Rewards program that is going to cause confusion is it appears that all Rewards -- at least all Bonus Rewards -- for the quarter are posted to the same Rewards Certificate. Notice how the amount of the Rewards Certificate went from $8.31 to $18.31 after the Rewards for the paper where added to the Rewards from the pens.

I placed my orders for the pens and the paper soon after midnight on 07/01 so do not be surprised if your Rewards Account is a bit behind mine in updating.

(The Rewards for any purchases prior to 07/01 are governed by the terms and conditions of the old program and will be paid out accordingly: Rewards Certificates from separate Bonus Rewards offers within 5 weeks after the end of the offer. Rewards Certificates from all points offers -- standard, bonus and recycling -- earned in June sometime in the middle of July.)

rated:
Office Depot is starting to pay out on Rewards earned in June. Unfortunately, OD is placing the Rewards earned in June into the same Rewards Certificate dated 07/01/2017 - 09/30/2017 that it is placing Rewards earned in the third quarter for the new Rewards program.

What was paid out for this quarter is easy enough as those are on the "Rewards Activity" page. Click on "Details" to see which have been paid instead of earned. Then subtract the the quarter's total from the total of the 07/01 - 09/30 Rewards Certificate. That only leaves the difficult part of figuring out which Rewards earned in June have paid out.

The difference for me so far is $37.96. That total clearly includes $27.96 for the batteries. That leaves $10 unaccounted for. I have no single payout for $10 -- presuming the rewards from the 3reams are paid out together -- so that leaves a couple of x9 ream purchases. I am pretty sure the x9 reams from the June days in the week of 05/28 - 06/03 have been paid out as well.

Good luck.

rated:
Office Depot dribbled out more Rewards from June today (07/19) ... and this time OD noted where they came from:

Adjustment for 6/4-6/17: $5 Back in Rewards on Boise X-9 Ream Paper (sku: 968627, 332063)

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017