• filter:

Nike's antiquated egift very system

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
So curious if anyone's had any luck returning N1ke's egift cert after it's been issued.

I bought a egift cert yesterday since Amex had $10 off deal for N1ke's egift cert.  My goal was to stack this with ebate's %6 cash back promo.  Sadly, I should have known this, but N1ke's antiquated system is notoriously slow with issuing egift carts. They sent me the egift cert 5 hours after they charged my card.  (They've averaged 5-10hrs in the past but I was hopeful they updated their system). So naturally by the time the egift cert arrived the ebates offer ended and reverted back to 1.5%.

Seems like N1ke has a no return policy on gift carts in general.  :-/. Curious if there is a way to return it.

On a related note, N1ke's website is technological dump.  One of their front end machine has had an invalid TLS encryption certificate for atleast a year now.   Called them 3 times to escalate and they're still using broken encryption certs!!

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
No store will let you return or issue a refund for a gift card/certificate. For example, whenever you buy a gift card at a retail store the cashier will always explain that the gcs are non-refundable once the payment has been processed. I think you are out of luck.

rated:
IMHO, 6% is lukewarm. Ebates had a 14% cashback sale in April and a 15% sale this month, both included Nlke. As long as the the GC doesn't expire or there isn't a scorching deal on something right now or something you need ASAP, I'd hang onto the GC until Ebates has a better CB offer.

rated:
Ebates is offering 10% CB at Nlke today: www.ebates.com/nike.com 

ETA: sorry, looks like the 10% is only on their Free Collection: 10.0% Cash Back on Free RN 2017 items, 1.5% Cash Back on all other items.

rated:
OP, do you still have your Nlke eGV?

Ebates is giving 12% cash back at Nlke as a promotion for the championship. It doesn't say when this will end so I'd use it today if you're still interested (that's twice the 6% CB offer you initially intended to use).

Exclusions: Cash Back is not available on Air Jordan Retros, gift cards, adjustments, reorders, non-US orders, purchases made on employee website, or orders deemed by Nike
to be used for reselling purposes.

rated:
Looks like the 12% CB is still active this morning.

I also came across a $20 off coupon code: $20 off $100 with code GIVESPORT at checkout. Ends 6/11. Excludes clearance items, purchase of gift cards, give back product, and Apple products. Final prices reflected in cart.

Ebates' CB terms for Nlke do not exclude use of outside coupons, but take a screen shot in case there are any issues.

So between your $10 off Amex deal, $20 Nlke coupon, and 12% CB, you'd make out a lot better using your GC today than when you had planned to spend it a little over 2 weeks ago.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017