• filter:

Unlimited Spotify membership for $5.46

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
I found this deal on eBay. The seller has like more than 96% rating with no complaints in spotify membership sales

My question is if I buy this membership and 6 months down the road it stops working can I get a refund from eBay or paypal?

I read the disclosure from eBay and paypal there is no information regarding subscription services. There is however a disclosure for digital downloads but that's about it

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
After looking at the general listings for "unlimited spotify" on eBay, it appears that many sellers are peddling a pirated/cracked application. These types of exploits can last for a few weeks up to a number of months but will eventually get shut down when the service changes their authentication requirements.

Moral issues aside, it's a cheap way to access the service for a short time and would cost less than a legitimate subscription as long as it lasts at least a month. On the downside, who knows what sort of security issues you are opening your phone up to by installing an unsigned piece of software.

rated:
Beanholio said:   After looking at the general listings for "unlimited spotify" on eBay, it appears that many sellers are peddling a pirated/cracked application. These types of exploits can last for a few weeks up to a number of months but will eventually get shut down when the service changes their authentication requirements.

Moral issues aside, it's a cheap way to access the service for a short time and would cost less than a legitimate subscription as long as it lasts at least a month. On the downside, who knows what sort of security issues you are opening your phone up to by installing an unsigned piece of software.

I am looking at this listing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spotify-Premium-No-Subscription-IOS-And-Android-Lifetime-No-Offline-/201842046255?hash=item2efeb9352f:g:SRoAAOSwuxFYuxGG 

There is no software to be installed. Lifetime for $5.46

rated:
Do it and report your findings back here.

rated:
fleetwoodmac said:   
Beanholio said:   After looking at the general listings for "unlimited spotify" on eBay, it appears that many sellers are peddling a pirated/cracked application. These types of exploits can last for a few weeks up to a number of months but will eventually get shut down when the service changes their authentication requirements.

I am looking at this listing

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Spotify-Premium-No-Subscription-IOS-And-Android-Lifetime-No-Offline-/201842046255?hash=item2efeb9352f:g:SRoAAOSwuxFYuxGG 

There is no software to be installed. Lifetime for $5.46

I don't see in the listing where it says it needs software to be installed but it also doesn't say there isn't any installation. The reviews at the bottom talk about the seller being willing to walk you through the process of setting it up which, I think, implies some type of software modification.

All in all, it just seems shady. One of the 4 reviews is from the seller themselves (5 stars, of course). Another review (in Spanish) states that their setup on an Apple device stopped working after about a month.

rated:
No Offline means it isn't a real subscription at all, so it clearly involves a cracked client as Beanholio is suggesting.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017