Tivo not honoring deal with lifetime transfer

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • Text Only
rated:

Tivo Reciept
Disclaimer
About a month ago a Tivo sales rep told me they had a Promo upgrading me from my Tivo premiere with life time to a new Tivo Bolt with lifetime transferring my lifetime service, so I said great sign me up and paid for the promo.  The Tivo Bolts were back ordered so I waited and a few days ago I got the Bolt in and went to hook it up today, but it's asked me activate it. It was asking for a service plan, wait what so I called Tivo and this is what I was told.. Yes we see notes on your account that the rep sold you a unit with those terms, but we can't honor it since no promo exists like that for upgrading a Tivo premiere with service transfer to a Bolt. So I said but that not my fault your rep told me about the promo and now your not honoring it, instead they offered to reduce the life time service to 350.00 on top of what I paid for the bolt. I have been a customer since Tivo started as a customer, so there was no misunderstanding and the notes on my account even states the deal and now I am told they won't honor the deal. 

It was asking for a service plan, wait what so I called Tivo and this is what I was told..

Yes we see notes on your account that the rep sold you a unit with those terms, but we can't honor it since no promo exists like that for upgrading a Tivo premiere with service transfer to a Bolt. So I said but that not my fault your rep told me about the promo and now your not honoring it, instead they offered to reduce the life time service to 350.00 on top of what I paid for the bolt.

I have been a customer since Tivo started as a customer, so there was no misunderstanding and the notes on my account even states the deal and now I am told they won't honor the deal.

Update: edited content and asked mods to move to new fourm

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You created this thread in the expired deals forum. Unless you intended to do so, you may want to ask the mods to move it elsewhere, like the technology or deal discussion forums.

You copied you text 3 times ((it looks like the 3rd version with better spacing was the one you intended to post).

It sounds like the offer expired while the Bolt was back ordered, through no fault of your own, and low-level employees don't know how to add the lifetime service without an active promo. I'd ask to speak to a manager (who may know how to over-ride offers), then ask for their manager if still needed. You need to escalate your complaint/open a dispute and not just accept what you were told by a basic CSR (no offense, they just work off scripts and have a limited toolbox). If that doesn't work, post your ordeal on every single social media account they have. Lastly, file a complaint with the BBB (so other potential consumers see it though they'll do little to hep you) and the FTC. Also let everyone you deal with at every stage know you plan to file such complaints if they don't keep their agreement as documented on your account. If you're not a fighter/your heart's not in it, ask for a full refund and that you Premiere be reinstated on the lifetime plan (if it isn't still on it)... the least they can do, literally, is make you whole.

semi related. Any legacy Tivo Lifetime transfer deals that're currently valid?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017