• filter:

Torczyner v. Staples, Inc. Class Action Suit ($10 in Staples Rewards): Deadline to submit claim form 7/24/17

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Torczyner v. Staples, Inc. Class Action Suit ($10 in Staples Rewards)

Linky: 

If between March 24, 2009 and April 25, 2017, you
[1] bought a Staples RewardsŪ eligible product and a
non-Rewards eligible product in the same transaction,
[2]used an item-specific coupon on the non-Rewards eligible
product, and [3] were negatively impacted by Staples ' pro rata coupon accounting, you might be entitled to $10 in Staples Rewards.

Why did I get this notice? A settlement ("Settlement") has been proposed in a class action lawsuit pending in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of California ("Court") titled Torczyner v. Staples, Inc. ("Action"). According to available records, you might be a "Class Member." The purpose of this notice is to inform you of the Action and the Settlement so that you may decide what steps to take in relation to it.

What is the Action about? The Action was filed against Staples, Inc. ("Staples ") by plaintiff Neil Torczyner alleging Staples engaged in unfair and deceptive business practices by not adequately disclosing that it utilized pro rata coupon accounting when calculating Staples Rewards earnings in transactions involving product-specific coupons. Staples denies wrongdoing and liability and both sides disagree on how much, if anything, the Class could have recovered after trial. No court has decided which side is right. But both sides agreed to provide benefits to Staples RewardsŪ members and resolve the case.

Am I a Class Member? You are a "Class Member" if between March 24, 2009 and April 25, 2017, you [1] bought a Rewards-eligible product and a non-Rewards eligible product in the same transaction, [2] used an item-specific coupon on the non-Rewards eligible product, and [3] were negatively impacted by Staples ' pro rata coupon accounting.

What relief does the Settlement provide? If you are a Class Member, you are eligible to receive $10 in Staples Rewards, with the actual value of a Settlement Reward depending on the number of claims. To receive a Settlement Reward you must timely complete and submit a valid Claim Form. A Claim Form is available by clicking HERE. The deadline to submit a Claim Form is July 24, 2017.

Member Summary
Thanks MGR:

"An email from: Torczyner v. Staples, Inc. Settlement Administrator <Administrator@qgemail.com>
was marked as spam with big warnings to not open attachments. But since it's turning out that it's a legit email, check your spam folders."
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
By the way, if you got an e-mail about this (I got one this morning), it includes your CLAIM ID# in the e-mail, so when filing a claim online make sure to choose the option: "I have a claim number and I would like to securely file a claim online"

rated:
I received this and submitted it. I have purchased sooo many things at Staples using all kinds of coupons I'm sure I qualified. Hopefully I won't have to go through my receipts just to get $10.

rated:
An email from:
Torczyner v. Staples, Inc. Settlement Administrator <Administrator@qgemail.com>
was marked as spam with big warnings to not open attachments. But since it's turning out that it's a legit email, check your spam folders.

rated:
If no email, we need to find a receipt?

rated:
I guess emails are still going out. Mine came in at 10:30pm

rated:
bobley said:   If no email, we need to find a receipt?
 No, if you didn't get an e-mail with a claim number you still don't need a receipt. Just select the following option when filing your claim:

• I DO NOT have a claim number, but I would like to file a claim online.

rated:
Thanks OP, I would have missed this email otherwise.

rated:

rated:
The complaint cites a FW post and an SD post.

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017