• filter:

Prices seem too good to be true- scam?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Does anyone know if yapvox.com is a fake website or scam?  Google Earth shows a warehouse with a available sign out front of the physical address.  The prices seem too good to be true such as $50 + free shipping for a GE 4.5-CU FT HIGH-EFFICIENCY STACKABLE FRONT-LOAD WASHERhttp://yapvox.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=61_200&products_id=40974

Many other high ticket items are $50 also such as big screen HDTV's, etc.  

Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
Serious question to those who have shopped there: what reason would any vendor have to want to be paid in Playstation gi... (more)

cestmoi123 (Jun. 08, 2017 @ 10:54a) |

I miss this site. Lowes matches any online retailer that is not a 3rd party marketplace type site so long as they can se... (more)

fhhffh (Jun. 10, 2017 @ 10:44p) |

Yep! It's a scam! I got screwed out of $50! Don't buy anything. They won't respond to you. You won't get your item and i... (more)

ptwannabe (Jun. 14, 2017 @ 10:03a) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
According to scamadviser.com that site is 78% legit. It seems fishy as hell to me.

Anyone wanna take a chance?

rated:
zaustin said:   Does anyone know if yapvox.com is a fake website or scam?  Google Earth shows a warehouse with a available sign out front of the physical address.  The prices seem too good to be true such as $50 + free shipping for a GE 4.5-CU FT HIGH-EFFICIENCY STACKABLE FRONT-LOAD WASHERhttp://yapvox.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=61_200&products_id=40974 

Many other high ticket items are $50 also such as big screen HDTV's, etc.  

Are not you at least a little embarrassed to even ask this question? 

rated:
FRIGIDAIRE 26-CU FT SIDE-BY-SIDE REFRIGERATOR WITH SINGLE ICE MAKER (EASYCARE STAINLESS STEEL)
Price : $49.99
Free Shipping
LOL I guess there are people who fall for it.
Almost everything is about $50.

rated:
GADOM said:   FRIGIDAIRE 26-CU FT SIDE-BY-SIDE REFRIGERATOR WITH SINGLE ICE MAKER (EASYCARE STAINLESS STEEL)
Price : $49.99
Free Shipping
LOL I guess there are people who fall for it.
Almost everything is about $50.

Price $49.99 for the box, refrigerator not included.

rated:
you realize you have to pay with playstation gift card codes... NO CHANCE you will get a thing...

rated:
Ive used this site. Few times and its always done good.

rated:
tatteredhearted said:   Ive used this site. Few times and its always done good.
  Bullshit.

rated:
I agree that it's too low. I think they are going after a lot of 50$ payoffs. They have done their homework tho.

rated:
tatteredhearted said:   Ive used this site. Few times and its always done good.

Really? you must be a special kind of spammer!

rated:
I bought a Rubbermaid shed yesterday for $50. They had me go to Amazon. com and purchase a $50 Playstation code and send the code as payment. I can't believe I went through with it but I did (I'm smarter than this....I just got greedy). I tried to call their 24/7 customer service number and got a human answering service that said they would pass on my message. I did not hear back from anyone.  I'll be very surprised if a shed shows up at my house. 

rated:
I would really like to know if you get your shed. roberto63841@gmail.com

rated:
I bought a stand mixer two days ago...I got an email stating that my payment went through and that it would take two days processing. I really hope it isn't a scam. As of now my order is still processing.

rated:
It is the same fraud/ scam that icalic.com ran with the payment through PSN and Amazon.com. icalic.com is now gone as a website.

rated:
I love how the google maps shows an empty building at the location.

rated:
I ordered a bathroom vanity for fifty bucks over the weekend... After reading this blog and others I see that I made a big mistake. Surprisingly, today I was able to redeem the PSN code that I sent them to my PSN account, apparently beating them to the punch. Recommend that everyone affected do the same. There may still be time for you as well.

rated:
cmarloworama said:   I bought a Rubbermaid shed yesterday for $50. They had me go to Amazon. com and purchase a $50 Playstation code and send the code as payment. I can't believe I went through with it but I did (I'm smarter than this....I just got greedy). I tried to call their 24/7 customer service number and got a human answering service that said they would pass on my message. I did not hear back from anyone.  I'll be very surprised if a shed shows up at my house. 
  You just got sheedded.

rated:
I bought a $50 gaming gtx 1050 laptop, Really hope it is really because I can't rally spend to much money on a computer.

rated:
I have been following the threads and the site and they just made it where you can pay though PayPal... but it keeps aging try again when I tried to "checkout"

rated:
I ordered a ladder on 5/27. As of today, i have sent couple of emails asking for status but no reply. The phone number didn't work. So I went to Playstation website and redeemed gift card. I think this is a SCAM, a very smart one since all transaction between you and Amazon is legit. You willingly gave "a third party" the code to redeem the money, so you can't really dispute the charge you paid to Amazon. Lesson learned.

rated:
I purchased 3 items on the 26th, "still processing" so I'm sure I will not see said items. If it sounds to good...I'm thankful it wasn't more money. I will post if I actually get items. 😟

rated:
nmroduez said:   I purchased 3 items on the 26th, "still processing" so I'm sure I will not see said items. If it sounds to good...I'm thankful it wasn't more money. I will post if I actually get items. 😟
  OMG!!! You still have hope???

rated:
​​​​​​​You must be a special kind of idiot!

rated:
The basic problem is that you don't get any protection a credit card or debit card (less so) gives if you have to claim your money back, since the 'currency" is something you purchase.

Not only looks SCAMMY but it doesn't give you recourse. You'll see the mods putting a GREEN BANNER on top of this thread tomorrow...

rated:
It is a SCAM....they have taken down their website. I hear the PA AG is investigating. 

rated:
Serious question to those who have shopped there: what reason would any vendor have to want to be paid in Playstation gift cards?

rated:
I miss this site. Lowes matches any online retailer that is not a 3rd party marketplace type site so long as they can see that the sight has the item in stock!!! Someone please let me know if you find another site like it.

rated:
Yep! It's a scam! I got screwed out of $50! Don't buy anything. They won't respond to you. You won't get your item and it's actually really difficult to get them to take the $50 Sony gift card they require payment from. What a dummy I am. Should've known! Don't get scammed too!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017