• filter:

24 Hour Study Place Needed in Boston (willing to pay a membership or whatever)

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Place to study can be a commodity.  Free or not, let's make a list of places one could study all 24 hours... ideally a quiet place:

1. The Airport may be a 24 hour study place open to the public (or maybe not now that terrorism is a big deal)...  but if it is open to the public, then the next question is where to go?  Maybe there's a 24 hour club room or something that one could have access to for a small fee?  

2. Outside tables at Lesley and Harvard in summer (danger might be getting in trouble for trespassing, if you're not a current student, as those are private colleges).

3. Renting an office, unless there is a law about being in there overnight?

4. Any other ideas?

(FYI - Taking a class isn't always enough to qualify to use a university's libraries.  Already tried that.)

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Oh Gauss44 didn't you just realize that for it to work like that the homeless would already be there?

Any place that charges a fee will soon exceed the cost of an apt (And if you know who Gauss44 is, you know this person does have apt issues)

rated:
forbin4040 said:   Oh Gauss44 didn't you just realize that for it to work like that the homeless would already be there?

Any place that charges a fee will soon exceed the cost of an apt (And if you know who Gauss44 is, you know this person does have apt issues)

I also took over 12 credits in coursework last semester and am applying to medical school as we speak (AMCAS application opened June 1st).  I can truly use a place to study - ideally one free of disruptive people, which why I'm considering just renting an office.

rated:
There is a company called Shared Desk where you rent a table in the middle of an office with internet, but I'm not sure on the 24hrs a day policy.

rated:
What's the $ limit?

rated:
zapjb said:   What's the $ limit?

I'm trying to keep all options open.  If I absolutely have to, or if it's optimal, I might try to find others with similar needs to share an office or whatever.  This is Boston/Cambridge and there are many people here who are not students, but have to study a lot outside of normal work hours for various reasons (ex. to get into an excellent program, to complete a research project/some form of intellectual property, finish writing a book, etc.).

rated:
They used to leave churches open. Not sure if any of them are now.

rated:
You didn't answer the question.

rated:
If you are a medical student, and looking to get into a specific hospital...might I suggest a Hospital? Maybe do some volunteer work there and get in front of the residency director.

Edit:
Alternatively, Get a great set of noise canceling headphones and go to the noisiest busiest place you can stand (maybe a bus station) and learn to study while being constantly bombarded with high amounts of external locus. Once you master this very early on, your medical school journey will be much easier.   

rated:
Three words for you - Self Storage Locker!

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017