Does Amazon price match if they have a cheaper price within 30 days after you bought

Archived From: Deal Discussion
  • Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
rated:
I bought with the Amazon credit card.
Yesterday it was $70 cheaper. Can't find anything on website about price matching.

Thanks.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

You could try asking, but Amazon doesn't price match anymore.

Lesson learned: If you think the price might drop (use CCC for useful data points), use a card with price protection and keep an eye on the price (use CCC to monitor Amazon prices). You'll get less back in rewards, but personally I'm far ahead on price drops.

do you have Citibank? They offer price rewind.

There is the old return and rebuy at the lower price

I have had some luck calling and explaining to the cs rep, and getting a credit for the difference

Also, if your order hasn't shipped yet, you should be able to cancel the order then buy it again at the lower price. 

LORENW said:   There is the old return and rebuy at the lower price


 

  And pay the shipping?

Hell No

doveroftke said:   Lesson learned: If you think the price might drop (use CCC for useful data points), use a card with price protection and keep an eye on the price (use CCC to monitor Amazon prices). You'll get less back in rewards, but personally I'm far ahead on price drops.
 Oh, my god these people and their rewards points.
They have no idea how to save real money.

forbin4040 said:   
LORENW said:   There is the old return and rebuy at the lower price


 

  And pay the shipping?

  In the 9 + years I was a Prime member, I never paid return shipping on any item
My sub ran out a few months ago, and I have other means to stream video, so I didn't renew

Both CitiBank and Discover have price match/price rewind card benefits. And definately use CCC to track/set-up price points when you want to buy an item that you can make future plans to purchase the item (not an immediate purchase). With CCC, they send you an alert when your price point is met. Amzn prices fluctuates so much, so you have to be a smart buyer.

kingdoodler88 said:   
doveroftke said:   Lesson learned: If you think the price might drop (use CCC for useful data points), use a card with price protection and keep an eye on the price (use CCC to monitor Amazon prices). You'll get less back in rewards, but personally I'm far ahead on price drops.
 Oh, my god these people and their rewards points.
They have no idea how to save real money.

  
Being frugal and maximizing credit card rewards are not mutually exclusive.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017