• filter:

Kinetico Water softener?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Our current one is leaking.  

Kinetico Water softener  has a free trial special http://www.kineticoaz.com/specials.aspx. Should I bite and buy some time while we look?

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Free trial? What are the chances they will remove it if you don't like it? They know once it's installed the return rate is near zero and will make you feel guilty or threaten you with a lawsuit or a ding on your credit.

I had the Culligan guy our years ago and after testing my well water he found it was softer than the city water across the street. The pitch didn't end there, the system he wanted to lease me would have been $75 month or I could buy his system for $4000 and I didn't actually need it. He tried to make it seem like I didn't care about my family, that I would need it in the future and kept the pressure coming till I finally got confrontational with him.

rated:
Kinetico pushes a 2-bed (not 2-tank) softener that's powered by water and provides soft water 24 hours a day.  Conventional electrically-powered softeners provide soft water 22-23 hours a day and tend to cost much less.  But if you absolutely need soft water at 2 AM, the more expensive Kinetico is the way to go.  Otherwise get a conventional electric-powered softener that's demand regulated and automatically bypasses itself when it regenerates.  Even Kinetico sells those, but for about $400 you can get one from Home Depot, Lowe's, Sears, etc.  

rated:
You can install the inexpensive model yourself for cheap too. Watch a YouTube video and don't pay to have someone do it.

rated:
We have kinetico. Came with the house. Once you have that there is one less thing to worry about in your life.

rated:
I have 2 Kinetico softeners in 2 different properties. Love them - 15+ yrs of ownership and other than replacing the resins every 6 yrs or so, no other maintenance costs. Never run out of soft water. They make the best units on the market IMHO. Fantastic units.

rated:
larrymoencurly said:   Kinetico pushes a 2-bed (not 2-tank) softener that's powered by water and provides soft water 24 hours a day.  Conventional electrically-powered softeners provide soft water 22-23 hours a day and tend to cost much less.  But if you absolutely need soft water at 2 AM, the more expensive Kinetico is the way to go.  Otherwise get a conventional electric-powered softener that's demand regulated and automatically bypasses itself when it regenerates.  Even Kinetico sells those, but for about $400 you can get one from Home DepotLowe'sSears, etc.  

I'm surprised there aren't other dual-tank designs on the market.  While the loss of soft water in the middle of the night doesn't matter the normal designs have to guess how much water you're going to use--and if they get that guess wrong (demand changes mid cycle) they'll either regenerate early (wasting salt) or late (giving you hard water.)

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017