• filter:

Ikea on Amazon?

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
http://www.retaildive.com/news/ikea-sets-up-shop-on-amazon/44510...

As long as I can get Prime free 2-day shipping on it, I'm cool with it.

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
Everything is jacked up 300% and more. Blue large shopping bag in the stores 99c, on Amazon $4.78.

IKEA LARGE SHOPPING BAG

rated:
sgelfand said:   Everything is jacked up 300% and more. Blue large shopping bag in the stores 99c, on Amazon $4.78.

https://www.amazon.com/Ikea-Large-Shopping-Bags-SET/dp/B0039DWCGA/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1497566836&sr=8-6&keywords=ikea&th=1

Boooooooo. That's no good.

rated:
Yeah same things happen on eBay- IKEA stuff is inflated big time.. I saw plates I wanted.. $2 at Ikea - $6+ on eBay.. I had no clue sellers are on Amazon now.

rated:
Sellers buy at Ikea sell on eBay/Amazon. Jack up prices to pay for shipping, fees and profit margin. Why is this surprising?

rated:
If Ikea is going to sell directly on Amazon, they had better charge the same prices as in their stores. Avoid the 3rd-party scammers like the plague.

rated:
johnny98 said:   If Ikea is going to sell directly on Amazon, they had better charge the same prices as in their stores. Avoid the 3rd-party scammers like the plague.
I doubt that will happen. Shipping furniture is very expensive. The only reason they would do that is if their market share is disappearing, which it isn't. Ikea would also be cannibilizing sales in its stores.

They will price items above store prices to account for shipping. Their Target market is not the people within range of their stores. It's everyone else, who would have to drive a long distance to pick up the item.

rated:
Some of us don't have an Ikea nearby.

rated:
aadam101 said:   Some of us don't have an Ikea nearby.
Trust me, most Ikea products are cr@p quality. Their stuff looks good in photos, but it looks cheap in person and doesn't last. Most of their stuff is worth their cheap list prices, but paying double the list price to some middleman is really foolish.

rated:
johnny98 said:   
aadam101 said:   Some of us don't have an Ikea nearby.
Trust me, most Ikea products are cr@p quality. Their stuff looks good in photos, but it looks cheap in person and doesn't last. Most of their stuff is worth their cheap list prices, but paying double the list price to some middleman is really foolish.

I beg to differ. We have lots of Ikea items in our home, and they hold up very well. Particularly when you compare them to Walmart or Office Depot furniture, which has similar pricing but far lower quality.
The assembly of Ikea items is also generally much easier. With furniture from other (fairly cheap) stores, there's often broken pieces that you have to get replaced. I haven't had that happen to me yet with Ikea products.

Obviously, a $150 Ikea bookcase made of melamine and MDF doesn't compare to a $5000 bookcase made of solid mahagony, but that's not a valid comparison.

There's a reason that Ikea is so successful. You get a better product for your money than you would elsewhere.

I agree that going through a middleman that jacks up the prices is not worth it though. 

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017