• filter:

Half.com is closing 8/31/2017 (yes, they are still here for now)

• Page :
  • Text Only
  • Search this Topic »
rated:
Kinda forgot I still had stuff for sale there.  Email:

Dear Seller,

This letter is to inform you that half.com will be closing on August 31, 2017, and you will not be able to sell on the platform following that date. Returns will continue to be processed until October 31, 2017.

We would like to thank you for your support of half.com – some of you have been with us since we launched in 1999. We have enjoyed being part of your selling journey and wish you ongoing success. For all of your future marketplace needs, visit the eBay Seller Center to learn how to grow your business on eBay.

If you have any questions about this letter, please reach out to us at service@half.com or visit Half.com Closing FAQ for more details.

Sincerely,
The half.com Team

Member Summary
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

rated:
I pulled anything I had listed on half after they raised commissions to 25%. I suspect most others did the same.

rated:
I was about to start account on half.com

But looks like that may not be best due to 25% commission.

Please tell me where to sell my books?

Thanks

rated:
What was the previous commission rate?

rated:
ablang said:   What was the previous commission rate?
  There's a chart here: http://www.ecommercebytes.com/C/blog/blog.pl?/pl/2016/11/1479400...

Across the board increase of 10% of the item's selling price.

rated:
I feel like I've heard this story at once before (maybe twice?) over a decade ago, but I think they'll really do it this time. When they announced it before, people still used it. People would probably still use it today, too, had they evolved into something more like Amazon Marketplace and eBay not treated it like their ugly stepchild.

rated:
Should have happened 20 years ago. It's the only negative feedback I have on eBay when the seller did not like the idea that he sold me a car radio that was not the model number advertised. He did not appreciate the detailed negative feedback he earned, so he gave me a negative feedback for complaining.

rated:
KDS95AB said:   I was about to start account on half.com 

But looks like that may not be best due to 25% commission.

Please tell me where to sell my books?

Thanks

You can sell directly on eBay for 10% commission (including shipping charges).  You can set your own shipping charge, or include shipping in sales price.  No insertion fee for 50 listings per month.  PayPal charges 2.9% plus 30-cents for payment processing.  Still, much less than half.com previous 15% plus 23% of shipping.  

• Quick Reply:  Have something quick to contribute? Just reply below and you're done! hide Quick Reply

Click here for full-featured reply.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2017